1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slight power delay on2.tdi DSG

celica Feb 12, 2005

1. celica

celica Member

the slight hesitation when pulling away from standstill winds me up a little from an otherwise great auto gearbox, has anyone found the same characteristic a niggle,and can something be done to improve it? <font color="blue"> </font>

2. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

radwo

I know what you mean, but find that you would have similar 'delay' with a manual if you were sat at the lights with the clutch depressed. The DSG disengages the clutch when the brake pedal is being pressed. So I don't find any difference now, I just ease off the brake just that fraction earlier.

3. Paul_M

Paul_M Member

I generally put it in Sport mode if I need to pull off quickly at a roundabout or junction, it seems to drop the clutch more quckly and give pretty much instant power, as opposed to Drive mode where it can take a second or so before anthing useful happens!

4. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

radwo

Sorry, forgot to mention this is in manual mode. Can't remember whether delay was longer in 'D' as it's a while since I used that mode.