Slight Judder

jp_s3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked uo my 07 S3 a couple of days a go and ive noticed than when i change down to 2nd at about 30mph or so and then into first i feel a slight judder in the pedal, it only happend going down from 3rd to 2nd and sometimes 1st, i have no problems up shifting od dropping down any other gears.

Has anyone had experience with this or can anyone shed any light on it?

Thanks

JP

Mileage & clutch pedal I assume?

Been out again and it's only happening when dropping down from 3rd to 2nd and then 2nd to 1st at low speeds. I'm not sure if it's ok or the clutch is on it's way out as ther is no problems accelerating or driving up steep hills. Also the clutch pedal feels totally normal.

JP

Cars been in 3 times now and they think that they have finally found the problem. First off they replaced the coupling on the rear diff to no avail. Then new mounts on the rear diff which never fixed it either. But today they have found that the crank seal is leaking onto the clutch causing it to slip. So new seal and clutch and hopefully it'll be fixed.

Good to hear they've (hopefully) found the source of the problem at long last. Nice one! :)