1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slight Judder when pulling away!!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by blucoop, Apr 1, 2010.

1. blucoop

blucoop Member

Got stuck in operation stack for two hours yesterday, meaning lots of stopping and starting. After about an hour i started to notice that when pulling away there is slight judder when engaging first gear. there is also a very slight judder when changing up into second. Not sure if its related but ive also heard a little clonk noise recently when pulling away (heard this about a month ago).

Please someone tell me this isnt clutch or flywheel on way out, as ive only just bought the car two months ago and could do without a big bill. Could it be a mount or something???

Any advice, good or bad news wil be much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve.

Oh and its a 54 plate b6 avant. ;-)
  2. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

It could be your flywheel but also consider your gearbox mount.
    Take it to a decent clutch center for a diagnosis.Failing that you could try Audi but choose wisely!!!

Do you have any Whining noise in 1st/2nd gear???
  3. dsmclark40v

dsmclark40v Member

Does sound like a dual mass flywheel as thats what my old b5 did. But I got 3 years driving out of it with it like it before getting it changed.

Which engine has yours got? did you buy it from a trader with a warranty or private?
  4. blucoop

blucoop Member

Hi thanks for the responses. Its the tdi 130 model. And yeah i did buy it witha years warranty, do you reckon it will be covered then, as i wasnt sure as they may just say its wear and tear??

cheers

steve
  5. legin

legin Member

Was it pissing down ? because I found this happens on a number of VAG cars I have owned, once the weather dries out it goes again. No clonk though. Just a thought.
  6. rashpal1

rashpal1 Member

My 3.0 V6 Quattro is doing something similar... It drives fine then all of a sudden it will just flip and you will have loads of vibration when revving the car around1800rpm and also when pulling away loads of judder.. Once the car is moving its seems fine at a constant speed but comes back when you accelerate, when the clutch is fully pressed down you get a rattling noise from the car and feedback of the rattle through the clutch pedal...

Switch the car off for 20-30mins and fire her up again and and it's fine again, no problems.. have noticed that it does it mainly after about 2 hours of driving.. VAG-COM does not show any errors at all..

Spoke to AMD in Lakeside and they said they can't really diagnose the problem as it is not there constantly, as it is a intermitant problem...

Any one else had any similar issues??

Pal