1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slight hesitation

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by niggtv, Apr 3, 2006.

1. niggtv

niggtv Member

[Apr 3, 2006]
    Some of you may have seen my post about the hissing noise coming from the fuel cap on my 1997 A4 1.8T Sport Avant - turned out to be a faulty solenoid valve which was causing a pressure build up in the fuel tank.

.............Anyway, I had hoped that solving this would also solve the slight hesitation on the car - it has improved it, but its still there so there must be another cause.

When I am accelerating it feel like it is holding back, and has a slight stutter. It isnt very bad and doesnt feel massively underpowered, but is is definitely not right. Any ideas? On my old VR6 a similar problem tunred out to be the coilpack, and on Alfa GTVs (previous car) it is often the MAF. However, I am an A4 newbie - can anyone help?!

Cheers guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 28, 2015]

3. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[Apr 3, 2006]
    I would look at coil packs and check for any boost leaks, ie all hoses that are connected to inlet manifold and to turbo inter-cooler so on
  4. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 3, 2006]
    Would also check the spark plugs and drop in some new ones there quite cheap and wont do it any harm.
  5. niggtv

niggtv Member

[Apr 21, 2006]
    Cheers docurly, changed the plugs and it has improved considerably (a pin on one of them was bent - I assume it was probably a plug manufacturing fault).

Still a slight hesitation, unless maybe I am just expecting too much. Might be time to invest in a VAG-COM!