1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slight hesitation

niggtv Apr 3, 2006

1. niggtv

niggtv Member

Some of you may have seen my post about the hissing noise coming from the fuel cap on my 1997 A4 1.8T Sport Avant - turned out to be a faulty solenoid valve which was causing a pressure build up in the fuel tank.

.............Anyway, I had hoped that solving this would also solve the slight hesitation on the car - it has improved it, but its still there so there must be another cause.

When I am accelerating it feel like it is holding back, and has a slight stutter. It isnt very bad and doesnt feel massively underpowered, but is is definitely not right. Any ideas? On my old VR6 a similar problem tunred out to be the coilpack, and on Alfa GTVs (previous car) it is often the MAF. However, I am an A4 newbie - can anyone help?!

Cheers guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

I would look at coil packs and check for any boost leaks, ie all hoses that are connected to inlet manifold and to turbo inter-cooler so on

3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Would also check the spark plugs and drop in some new ones there quite cheap and wont do it any harm.

4. niggtv

niggtv Member

Cheers docurly, changed the plugs and it has improved considerably (a pin on one of them was bent - I assume it was probably a plug manufacturing fault).

Still a slight hesitation, unless maybe I am just expecting too much. Might be time to invest in a VAG-COM!