Slammed into a Kerb

MattyW19

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Recently, I've been trying to sell my car due to looking at a 1 Series, but with the market at the moment I hardly had any interest!

Anyways, I've had a spell of bad luck now :(

I was coming through the estate today, and a man pulled out of a junction.. Right infront of me in the snow. I swerved off the gritted patch onto the thick snow - This ended up me skimming a lamp post and belting the rear wheel and the drivers side front wheel on the kerb - I gave it a right belt!

Anyway, the damage: I now only have 2 out of 4 perfect wheels on the car.. there a right mess. That's not my biggest worry though, I set off and the wheel was turned to drive in a straight line? I got out to weigh up the damage after the shock and my rear drivers side wheel is slightly bent out - as if it's got camber, and is slightly pointing outwards making the car turn left ever so slightly if that makes sense?

Just wondered guys, as the car is off to the mechanics workshop tomorrow who we know very well.. does this sound serious?

Cheers :(

You have most likely bent a suspension arm or damaged the wheel bearing if you wacked it hard enoth! Cant see it being to serious......

u get the reg of the other car? also feb-mar is best bet for selling ur car. So i'd hang onto it for a lil while longer

At a guess, u've prob bent a track rod. If im not mistaken they tend to be the first thing to go. Worst case scenario ull have suspension or wishbone damage, even worst still is a bent chassis but i doubt it'll be that bad. Impacts always sound worse than they are though, i bumped into a car in my first year of driving and the sound of it was as if the whole front end had smashed in, there was no damage on my car whatsoever!

Sadly the road is full of them idiots... happened to me in the second week of owning my A3. Luckily she did clip me as i swerved so she was liable... i was told if she didnt hit me it would have to be a claim against myself. I will never swerve again from another drivers mistake.

As for your wheel it could be anything. Maybe a buckled alloy and hub. Mine was the front passenger which had same sort of thing and turned out they replaced basically all the front corner. Wheel, hub, shock etc.

Ah okay cheers guys!

I tried selling it because a convertible one series came up I really liked the look of at the time! He did mention something to do with an axle? I didn't get the reg i'm afraid as it happened all to quickly :( I should of wiped him out now!!

The traction control light is having a right fit too if that helps haha?