1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slammed beetle turbo - sump problems

Discussion in 'Volkswagen and other VAG' started by WALTO TDI, Dec 6, 2011.

1. WALTO TDI

WALTO TDI Member

[Dec 6, 2011]
    Tonight on the way home from work oil warning lights came on his dash. we stopped immediately and inspection found that the sump has cracked and dropped all oil. i believe he has had this problem as he gone onto winter wheels 16" from his ABT 19" wheels, thus making the car lower. My question is does anybody know where my friend can get a new sump from without paying ridiculous prices? also is there a gasket available instead of using sealer? anyone breaking a 1.8 turbo engine?

cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Matt_S

Matt_S Member

[Dec 8, 2011]
    Can't remember what they are off, but there's a VAG motor that uses a shallower sump, so may be worth getting on ed38, someone there will def know.
  4. S4 Muzza

S4 Muzza oww! my giant blue head!

[Dec 8, 2011]
    i replaced my sump recently, got one of the bay for £55(ish) delivered and its been fine, bought from this seller (eBay My World - tierod69). i also used sealant, not sure if there is a gasket available
  5. jay1601

jay1601 Well-Known Member

[Dec 9, 2011]
    can get a sump and gasket for about £60 from ebay

make a sump guard FTW. thats my plan for this weekend, the amount of times i've court the sump i know the same is going to happen to me