1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slammage: ARB or Adjustable Droplinks?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by bhavin1986, Aug 6, 2010.

1. bhavin1986

Right, I know this subject has been covered loads already, but I've been doing lots of reading on a way to slam the A3 without causing clearance issues between the ARB and driveshaft.

I've heard that the whiteline ARBs can solve the issue as they go under the driveshafts, but they are quite difficult to get hold of and even then, I've come across some people who've had issues with their mk4s with these fitted.

So the others options are going for a KW ARB which apparently has larger loops clearing the driveshaft, H&R or ad Eibach ARBs......or adjustable drop links.

I just want to slam the car without any issues first time round so If you guys could post some info on what setups you are running that would be brilliant.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

How low are you planning to go?

Damian @ DPM Performance

4. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

ARB - improves handling no end.

Also, 100% removes ANY possibility of rubbing from the outset, where as adjustable links are hit and miss.

5. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

Adjustable drop links = PILE OF POO!! Complete waste of money IMO. You would be better off buying a whiteline ARB. If DPM dont have them then just use google, its your friend :)
    Many people sell whiteline ARB`s now.

6. quattro1

quattro1 Member

sorry to hijack the thread, but whats the lowest you can go without having arb issues?

7. bhavin1986

Well I've just fitted some 17s with 205/40/17s and want them just below the arches so I'd say 60-70mm? Pretty sure DPM dnt have the whiteline and neither do Awesome. Cannot find em anywhere in stock...how do you rate the KW ARB Damian?

8. arsenal_69r

arsenal_69r audi a3