1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky insurance - temporary cover?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Sky Insurance' started by michaelg1001, Feb 18, 2013.

1. michaelg1001

michaelg1001 Member

Just wondering if anyone could tell me whether Sky insurance will do temporary cover notes for a couple of weeks on a 2nd car?

My car is off the road for a few weeks having some work done, and a friend of mine is happy for me to borrow his until mine is ready.
  2. michaelg1001

michaelg1001 Member

managed to ring them at lunchtime, not happy, won't insure if I don't own the vehicle
  3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

theres not many that will insure unless you own the car
    call your own insrance tell them your car is going off the road and you need to insure a diff car for a few weeks
    insurance who i use usaly charge me around £5 a day
  4. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Is your mates car insured? If so, are you not insured to drive it 3rd party?
  5. skyinsurance

skyinsurance Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

We (and other insurers) cannot offer cover on something you have no insurable interest in.

Try a temporary insurer, they will not have the same issue
  6. michaelg1001

michaelg1001 Member

I'm with Sky at the moment. Had no problem last year when I was with Admiral, I insured my Dad's old car (still in his name) when he changed his and I didn't have one, and then on a temporary cover note after I bought the S4 and was selling it for him.

It is, but because I took my policy out when I was 24, I can't. And even though I'm now 25 the policy won't update to now allow me to.

I tried the temporary insurers, but the best I could get was £200 for a fortnight which is a p*ss take, especially when I could insure the car for a year for £377!
  7. audigex

audigex Active Member

Could your mate not add you as a temporary or additional/named driver on his own policy?

Only issue is that if you crash, it's his NCD that takes the hit.