sky insurance - temporary cover?

michaelg1001

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could tell me whether Sky insurance will do temporary cover notes for a couple of weeks on a 2nd car?

My car is off the road for a few weeks having some work done, and a friend of mine is happy for me to borrow his until mine is ready.

theres not many that will insure unless you own the car
call your own insrance tell them your car is going off the road and you need to insure a diff car for a few weeks
insurance who i use usaly charge me around £5 a day

managed to ring them at lunchtime, not happy, won't insure if I don't own the vehicle

We (and other insurers) cannot offer cover on something you have no insurable interest in.

Try a temporary insurer, they will not have the same issue

theres not many that will insure unless you own the car
call your own insrance tell them your car is going off the road and you need to insure a diff car for a few weeks
insurance who i use usaly charge me around £5 a day

I'm with Sky at the moment. Had no problem last year when I was with Admiral, I insured my Dad's old car (still in his name) when he changed his and I didn't have one, and then on a temporary cover note after I bought the S4 and was selling it for him.

Is your mates car insured? If so, are you not insured to drive it 3rd party?

It is, but because I took my policy out when I was 24, I can't. And even though I'm now 25 the policy won't update to now allow me to.

We (and other insurers) cannot offer cover on something you have no insurable interest in.
Try a temporary insurer, they will not have the same issue

I tried the temporary insurers, but the best I could get was £200 for a fortnight which is a p*ss take, especially when I could insure the car for a year for £377!

Could your mate not add you as a temporary or additional/named driver on his own policy?

Only issue is that if you crash, it's his NCD that takes the hit.