1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Admin Fee

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Sky Insurance' started by DieselJake, Jun 7, 2014.

1. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

[Jun 7, 2014]
    Not currently a Sky customer but have been intrested in being one for a fair while now, friend of mine was talking about the twenty five pound admin fee received when modifications are added during the policy, looked into this and found a quote on another forum saying this fee was for "receiving the phone call/notification, adding the modification to the system, transmitting this to the insurer, issuing of paperwork, sending of paperwork, processing of paperwork when confirmation received and chasing of if applicable" these simple tasks should not be at the customers expense especially when someone specifically invested in a policy as it does not contain additional charges for modifications.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 7, 2014]
    I think you will find most insurance companies apply an admin fee for any changes made onto the policy mid term, not just Sky. There's 'horror' stories all over the internet about excessive admin fees with all insurance companies, it's standard practice with most of them.
  4. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

[Jun 7, 2014]
    Ah right cool, to be honest I thought it was free across the board, could a killer for me as I'd spend a fortune in admin fees.
  5. Lavis89

Lavis89 Active Member

[Jun 16, 2014]
    Try and plan as many mods as you can and do them all in 1 weekend, saves shelling out on loads of admin fees, it's a pain having parts stocked up and having to hold back fitting them but saves money in the long run, better than letting insurers get any more of our hard earned cash
  6. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member

[Jun 16, 2014]

Lol surely this is part of their actual job description. Money grabbers
    DieselJake likes this.