1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skipping SD card :-/

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by wolfie138, Apr 4, 2012.

1. wolfie138

wolfie138 Active Member

ok, this is unexpected. driving in this AM, the music on my SD card started skipping like it was a stuck record. it skipped about three times then the MMI went to a "Loading..." screen then "no playable tracks". i ejected and reisnserted, it was fine.
    what's up, just loose in the port, mebbes? hadn't hit any potholes or such tho, and the card's been used since i bought the car.

TIA

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

I guess its ust the way it is....my ami doesnt recognise my ipod on a regular basis, so i unplug and connect again and its fine.Id do an error check/defrag on the card with the pc just to be sure though.

4. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

My SD card adapter for my PC does the same thing, I guess it's just used too much the connections aren't quite hitting the mark, maybe it's the same with the card reader?

I've got my NAV running off an SD card, and that seems to be fine.

5. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

a rub of the gold contacts on the sd with an eraser normally sorts that out.