Ski hatch / roof

petersmudger

Reaction score
Hello,
My first post.
Went to buy a cabriolet today but the roof jammed when the guy was showing me it- private sale, I felt sorry for him, and for myself because I really wanted the car. I still want to buy one though but I was wondering- please could someone let me know the longest piece I could put in the boot and ski hatch bag? I am a photographer and regularly have to transport a rolls of background papers, they come in two sizes- 2.08 meters and 2.72 meters (which might fit with the bag removed and run over the centre arm rest/box?).
Thank you,
Peter

Hello,
My first post.
Went to buy a cabriolet today but the roof jammed when the guy was showing me it- private sale, I felt sorry for him, and for myself because I really wanted the car. I still want to buy one though but I was wondering- please could someone let me know the longest piece I could put in the boot and ski hatch bag? I am a photographer and regularly have to transport a rolls of background papers, they come in two sizes- 2.08 meters and 2.72 meters (which might fit with the bag removed and run over the centre arm rest/box?).
Thank you,
Peter
I don't know the exact size but I've been.doing some building work in my garage and fitted 2.2m lengths of wood through my ski hatch with.ease. I think it could possibly for upto 2.7/2.8m mayb even 3m if you move .he item to the side so it clears the gearstick at a squeeze I'll pull my tape measure out tomorrow and let you.know exactly

Just to finish what I started- I bought the car and have measured ski bag. By my reckoning the internal length is 2 metres.

Hi I've done exactly the same with my ski bag. If you look carefully you can un clip the plastic surround from the boot side and the whole ski bag pops out to leave the hole. I just then keep the rear seat piece in until I need to put something in. I just then remove the seat piece and slide the items in.

I regularly put 2.5 meter lengths of plastic tubing in the car and it's good getting funny looks off people as I'm putting it into my cab.

I have kept the ski bag and when I sell the car will just clip it back in and no one will know