1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skc reader

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by glenandem, Sep 20, 2013.

1. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

[Sep 20, 2013]
    hi guys can anyone recommend a skc reader that will retrieve my skc on my 2003 1.9 tdi a4,im only after a cheap vag commander tacho etc but not sure which will work, its so i can use the skc to program my new spare key i have on my vcds.
  2. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Sep 20, 2013]
    Ive got a Super vag K for sale for £60 no offers used once. boxed as new. would need to pay the postage if needed
  3. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

[Sep 20, 2013]
    Cheers for offer pal but I need something cheaper, been quoted£40 by local key man just to code chip as I've already had the key cut and coded the remote myself so I was just thinking of getting a cheap clone lead just to retrieve skc!
  4. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 21, 2013]
    im in stockport tomorow, ill read your skc with a not very cheap tool if you cover my fuel?
  5. craigynett

craigynett Member

[Sep 22, 2013]
    are you off to stockport to see that guy that i was meant to see recently who told me to phone him when i was on my way but then didn't bother to answer is phone when i got near stockport & haven't heard from him since? also said he was desperate to get car sorted!
  6. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

[Sep 22, 2013]
    top top guy!
    just a word of recommendation for him,came round to retrieve my skc and code key for me and turns out the key i had,was a none virgin chip and had been coded before,so he stripped it for me and put a new head in too as well as a virgin transponder chip and coded both keys in and now i have two fully coded working keys!!
    great guy and i will be using in future if i need a key sorting
    cheers glen
  7. @udi A3

[Sep 22, 2013]
    Who was that then? there was some guy further north asked me to do some work and did the same, mike iirc. I had to go back to a mk4 golf clock swap that was not adapting with vcds. Pretty lame day but got it sorted no thanks to vcds though lol.
  8. @udi A3

[Sep 22, 2013]
    Glad your happy :D
    Im sure its been posted on here before, 'virginised' ebay chips is usually seller spiel to get you to buy second hand tat. There are tools to blank your transponders, but they are not cheap.
  9. craigynett

craigynett Member

[Sep 22, 2013]
    i've remembered who it was. He's on another forum so i've left him a message on his "somebody help me" topic
  10. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Sep 22, 2013]
    The one I have for sale does scanning mileage correction etc if anyone wants it can post pics and send for £60