1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sitting here watching WRC highlights from Japan...

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by dieselfitter251, Nov 8, 2008.

1. dieselfitter251

dieselfitter251 Blow ma own trumpet?

[Nov 8, 2008]
    I wonder why AUDI have never pursued a rally derivative of any of their road cars since the ur quattro, (though I think I've seen a late 80 once on a stage). Always hoped they'd do something with the A4 but it's probably to heavy, but they've not even made an effort with the A3.

VW ran a TDI golf a few years back, but as the father of the modern rally format (turbo 4wd) I find it strange that Audi aren't present.

Any thoughts?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

[Nov 12, 2008]
    I think its a choice of what to throw your money at, There are no manufacturers taking part in everything! Audi decided to throw there money at the LeMans series and have done well. Ford have thrown it at the WRC, Toyota pulled out of WRC to concentrate on F1. Audi did have a massive presence is touring cars during the 90's and won the world and BTCC series a few times.

I just think its a case of throwing a lot of money into one area rather than half hearted attempts in a few. I also think you need to look at the VAG group as a whole, Skoda have been doing the WRC, SEAT in the BTCC & WTCC, VW have their own cup.

I think its all nicely divided, just wish VW would do something serious!