1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single or Dual Exhausts?

hatmeow Apr 17, 2008

1. hatmeow

hatmeow Turbo is the only way....

I have finally decided to chage the exhaust from Turbo Back for my FWD 2.0T DSG but cannot decide what rear silencer to get.

I plan to use Milltek for the down pipe, cat, and Mid silencer. The current choices for rear silencer are Milltek single outlet or the dual outlet Abt

I am torn between having the near stock look of the Milltek and the very cool dual exhuast ABT. I have also been told that the Milltek is a better system and makes a bit more power. I really dislike loud exhaust notes and just prefer a lower "stock +" note.

Any thoughts?

2. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

It depends on the rest of the car, if it looks near standard then milltek, if it looks modified then I like the Oetinegger style rear with twin outlets either side. I've been looking at exhausts and I would give serious consideration to the Jetex systems and some of the blueflame sytems look very nice !

3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

single outlet would be my choice.

J.

4. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:

5. phantom

phantom On Boost

Stock look all the way.

p

6. hatmeow

hatmeow Turbo is the only way....

Thanks guys, I have very minimal exterior changes (oettinger rear spoiler, Front lip spoiler only) and the stock look will definately fit my planned S3 front bumper / grill. However there is always a part of me that wants the M3 exhaust look...:o.k:

How bout performance and sound? any experience from that?

7. PNH80

PNH80 Low life livin' the high life.

Part of you may want the M3 exhaust look but lets face it....Your car isn't an M3 so i wouldn't bother. I'll be going for the full resonated Milltek turbo system when i get around to it.

8. B17AVM

B17AVM The Whoa

Whats the general review about Milltek Exhausts, quality, etc? I was thinking about getting a Milltek box on mine, but someone told me the build quality has dropped?

Milltek vs Jetex - Who's better?

I need to get the standard tail's on my A3 changed!!!

Thanks