1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

single din stereo upgrade advice and product numbers needed

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by ei2gfb, Dec 25, 2013.

1. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

[Dec 25, 2013]
    im looking to upgrade my standard single din oe radio, i was wondering does anyone have the part number to hand for the genuine audi single din conversion trim with the chrome strip along top,
    also is this the adaptor i require , my car is non bose PC9-404 Audi A2 A3 A4 A6 A8 Amplified RCA to ISO Lead | eBay
    do i also need an adaptor to power the antenna like i have needed on previous vags similar to this PC5-90 AUDI A2 A3 A4 AMPLIFIED ISO - DIN AERIAL REPLACEMENT ADAPTOR MAST ANTENNA | eBay

thanks i have done a forum search but doesnt provide the answers i need
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. Dan11

Dan11 Member

[Dec 26, 2013]
    I'd be interested to know as I just got an alpine 136 head unit and am unsure what extra adapters/cables I will need.
  4. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

[Dec 26, 2013]
  5. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

[Dec 26, 2013]
    im doing a single din to single din aftermarket conversion as is Dan11 from what i can tell, its just the facia adaptor to blank the bits left right/left after the oe stereo is removed and to leave the chrome trim that is currently present on the oe stereo, generic facia kits can be got but i want to keep the chrome strip
  6. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Dec 26, 2013]
    Most people don't fit a new climate control panel (they are usually very expensive and there are so many variants finding/choosing the right one is tricky), the easiest solution is to trim the edges to fit with a small block plane.