single din radio to full Audi navigation unit - HELP

pocketrocket786

Reaction score
Hi, I want to convert my single din Audi Radio to a navigation unit in my Audi A4 B7 saloon. I understand I will need a new cage to house the navigation unit, however will I also need a new climate control unit? or does my existing CC unit just drop down to&nbsp;accommodate&nbsp;the double DIN unit.&nbsp;<br>I am after a complete set up utlisiing my existing MFSW controls and bluetooth. I am in the process of looking for units as we speak. Does anyone know what I need exactly and how easy it is to fit.<br><br>Thanks

Yeah you will need a different climate control unit as the double din one is smaller. As its sits at the bottom rather than having a cubby hole below.
However I'm not 100% sure but I think you can mod the original. Someone's bound to be along thats in the know.

However I'm not 100% sure but I think you can mod the original. Someone's bound to be along thats in the know.

I don't speak from direct experience, but I'm sure I've read on here that the sides of the existing climate control unit can be trimmed to allow the unit to slide down into the lower position, to accommodate the double-DIN cage.

I have done this........and leave plenty of time for it.

Basically dismantle the whole centre console, replace single with double din cage, then trial and error trimming of centre console to fit, about 3 to 4mm cut off the side of the climate control unit.........then finish putting back together.

Take your time on cutting and remove small quantities at a time and keep rechecking.

THanks guys, sounds like its going to be a right royal pain in the **** to do. lol

Ive got my eye on a few units on ebay, so providing I can get one at the right price I will have a double DIN unit. I did find a place on the net that would supply and fit but they insisted I would need a new climate control unit as I couldnt use the one I had now if I wanted a RNSE installed.

If I can trim and fit my existing that would be awesome, does anyone know of anyone who fits these on here? Im based in the MIDs and would pay for the fitting and give a hand where needed etc.