1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple mmi splash screen or lack off question

audijonny Oct 9, 2017

1. audijonny

audijonny Member

Hello i have an audi a6 c6 very early model 2004. When you turn on mmi there is no splash screen. It just goes straight to radio stations. There is no hidden menu. I presume it is because it such an early model. Can anybody help please.

2. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group TDi Manual Le Mans Edition

It may be all disabled.

There is a section on the forum to locate a user with vcds according to your location, who might be able to help you out with it.
    Enabling both should take no longer than a minute.
    Full vehicle scan is a plus side

Once the green/hidden menu is enabled, you should be able to choose 3 or 4 different splash screens by yourself. Plenty yt videos around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. audijonny

audijonny Member

Thank you for your help sir.

4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group s tronic S-line owners group

There is a splash screen, but it's very rare you see it! As soon as you unlock the car the system starts to wake-up. It's done by design so you not having to wait a long time for the MMI system to start.

5. audijonny

audijonny Member

My wife has an a6 2006 aswell. When you power up you see the audi logo then it goes on to the radio. I just thought my 2004 would be the same.

6. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group s tronic S-line owners group

Depends on what modules are installed and firmware you are running.

7. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group TDi Manual Le Mans Edition

Could software update solve the issue, even though splash screen was not enabled from there?

8. audijonny

audijonny Member

How do we find out what software is on and if we can update.

9. Screw90

Screw90 Member

Going to “car” then setup and scroll down. It should be version info.

10. audijonny

audijonny Member

Here you are

Attached Files:

11. KrisKrk

You can ask @DJAlix for he’s guidance as he did my sat nav maps and latest software updates.