1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simple beginners questions!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by crazypainter, Jun 3, 2010.

1. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Jun 3, 2010]
    So, I am new to an A4 forum, havent bought it yet but getting my research in and I found forums to be a very useful tool with my current car . I am starting afresh here and feels a bit weird, gone from knowing quite a bit to pretty much nothing..........for example, ideally my future purchase will have a chrome pack and the trim for the bottom of the doors that is quite angular and chunky ,maybe S4 style?? What are these door trims known as officially? What can i expect to pay for a set?
    Also a chrome pack, I want an avant and I like with the chrome running round the window line. Can I buy and retro fit? I am trying to ascertain a rough cost for both so if a see a car without that is a good price, I can add these items into the equation to get the look I want.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. technics100

technics100 Member

[Jun 3, 2010]
    The door blades you are referring to are called - S-line blades, there are also slightly larger ones on the S4. They are about £200 2nd hand and I think about £360 from Audi. The chrome window surrounds is dear and a real pain to retrofit, so try and find a car with this factory installed.

Good luck with your search..
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 3, 2010]
    Everyone who has black window trims wants chrome and vice versa lol :banghead:
  5. miv

miv Member

[Jun 3, 2010]
    Very true. If only we could just do a simple swap!
  6. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Jun 3, 2010]
    it is funny how many people want the black and have chrome i like the chrome myself but i think thats as iv not had it on any of my old
    cars plus it sets mine off with the car bing crystal blue.
  7. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

[Jun 3, 2010]
    Thats probably it, my current car is deliberately de-glammed! Apparently its known as 'The Bruise' because it is only black and blue, nothing else.
    Technics100, the £360 from Audi price, would that be for s-line blades or for S4 blades? And is there a noticeable difference in appearance?
  8. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 3, 2010]
    The S4 blades are significantly more chunky and aggressive than S-Line style ones. That price is for S4 ones I would think, the S-Line ones aren't much less though, new at least.