1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simota Carbon Induction kit

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by PhilR, Nov 19, 2006.

1. PhilR

PhilR One Ate Tea

[Nov 19, 2006]
    Alright, i bought a carbon induction kit off here last week (cheers Beezo) I knew it was going to be a pain to fit as i had seen some writeups on here, but i never thought it would be as bad as it turned out to be.

Beezo had already filed out the hole to take the MAF but to my surprise the pipe is not deep enough to house the maf anyway

I thought about making a spacer for the maf flange but tbh I thought it looked rubbish anyway, the square on the top of it looks like a right home brew affair nor is it the right way round, i dont know how they dare sell the kit

a hacksaw a piece of 3 inch rubber pipe and 3 jubilee clips later and it looks to me how it should have been designed in the first place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So in effect i cut up the only piece of the kit that i could not buy off the shelf or make myself, the tig welded ally bit, but i reckon its a lot neater now

I fitted the OE heatsheild back on by bending the top over in the vice and securing it with the screws that hold the pipe you see in the pictere

After all of that i was so glad that it sounds nice !
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. mac1403

mac1403 Member

[Nov 19, 2006]
    Looks good. I made a spacer for mine and to be truthful your looks better....good job
  4. smitch

smitch Active Member

[Nov 19, 2006]
    That looks the dogs.

Must say i'm a massive fan of those A8 rims as well.:o.k:
  5. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR

[Nov 19, 2006]
    looks sweet dude i know its a pain to fit but when its on it looks and sounds great
  6. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

[Nov 19, 2006]
    Good to see it fitted, I must admit i never thought of trimming the pipe down. Looks nice neat and tidy.
  7. Danielson

Danielson Member

[Nov 21, 2006]
    looks good buddy, its funny how still they cannot make the kit right, i was lucky and had powerflow make me a custom setup to run my bmc.