SIM Card for Audi Connect

springie

Reaction score
Hi,

I went into Three to get a cheap SIM to put in the car, but the salesperson said I may need a data only SIM, which I think is incorrect. But I wanted to check before going ahead.

Can anyone confirm if I can just get a standard SIM and put it in? and if so can I still bluetooth to my mobile when I want to use that for calls?

Thanks

It depends on what you want to do with the SIM card. If it is for purely for connection to Audi Connect of just general roaming, then the salesperson is correct. Data only. If you want to make calls as well as the former then you need a SIM that does both. I suspect you just want a data only SIM.

Ideally I want just a standard SIM, with data and to the ability to make/take calls as long as my phone is unpaired. When I pair my phone then all calls go through that and data through car SIM. Sounds like a normal SIM will work, as I originally thought.

Yup. I just have a normal PAYG sim which I use for the data side of things. I don't often use it and only topped it up the other week after having had it for 12 months!

Thanks for the replies and answers.

I was going to go for a cheap 12 month contract, but may just get a PAYG and try that out.

I got the one off Amazon 12gb data that lasts for 12 months so if it runs out just replace it but probably last a year ok for £27

It is only data but no extra costs no topping up needed and no contract either

Every now and again they do a cheap deal
On the 24gb/12 month one but not at the moment unfortunately

It doesn't use much data mb. But TBH its pretty **** app / all round and i stooped using it completely.

Went for the PAYG 3 Sim pre-loaded with 12gb as suggested by @nictry.

Reactions: nictry
I've had the car less than a week and it's already used 2.7gb data!

Edit... people have been using wifi in the car mind you...

Last edited:
I've had the car less than a week and it's already used 2.7gb data!

Edit... people have been using wifi in the car mind you...

320mb since Friday but did start a UK maps download before realising I could get the whole database from the web and it is 13gb!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: wellsy
This has been really helpful. I have just bought an A6 Avant and want to take full advantage of the MMI technology so I have now ordered a SIM card from 3. It comes with 8Gb of date and unlimited calls and texts so I might use it for any phone calls.
will edit this post if I encounter any Murphy's Law issues!!