Silver...

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Anybody know how many or which "silver's" 06/07 S-lines came in??

Or any links to a good (and correct) colour codes site??

According to my copies of the Price and Specification Guides for 2006/07, in all but the September 2007 issue the Silver is just listed as Silver Metallic with a code of 5B. In the September 2007 issue it's listed as Ice Silver Metallic with a code of 5P. The codes seem to be the Order codes for the colour rather than the factory 4-letter code.

My current 2009 Sportback 2.0TDI is in Ice Silver and the paint code is LX7W

Last edited:
According to my copies of the Price and Specification Guides for 2006/07, in all but the September 2007 issue the Silver is just listed as Silver Metallic with a code of 5B. In the September 2007 issue it's listed as Ice Silver Metallic with a code of 5P. The codes seem to be the Order codes for the colour rather than the factory 4-letter code.

My current 2009 Sportback 2.0TDI is in Ice Silver and the paint code is LX7W

So I wonder when Akoya silver came out? Seen it listed as a 2007 colour as well.
Also, 'ice silver'.... would you say that has a hint of blue in it???

I know what my colour/code is but I'm being offered a 2006/2007 part which is "silver". The guy doesn't have the colour code but says there was only one silver in the A3 range for that year.

So I wonder when Akoya silver came out? Seen it listed as a 2007 colour as well.
Also, 'ice silver'.... would you say that has a hint of blue in it???

I know what my colour/code is but I'm being offered a 2006/2007 part which is "silver". The guy doesn't have the colour code but says there was only one silver in the A3 range for that year.

Akoya's been out since the 8P1 days. buuuuut N8's Akoya car has a different paint code to the original Akoya because they changed it at some point. in any event it's not really silver is it, it's purple.

Monza Silver wasn't released until well after. the only 8P2s i've seen with it are 57+.

wouldn't Audi be able to tell you?

Akoya's been out since the 8P1 days. buuuuut N8's Akoya car has a different paint code to the original Akoya because they changed it at some point. in any event it's not really silver is it, it's purple.

Monza Silver wasn't released until well after. the only 8P2s i've seen with it are 57+.

wouldn't Audi be able to tell you?

I've given up asking Audi questions like this. You get different answers depending on which one of their guys you speak to.