1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver mirrors

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Gates, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Gates

Gates Member

[Feb 12, 2012]
    Where can I get the silver mirrors as found on the s4 without going to Audi? I've seen a few sets on eBay but I'm worried about getting the wrong ones or ones that look cheap, also there seems to be Matt silver, silver and chrome so which ones are the right ones for oem look.
    If anyone could help that would be great.
    Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. o0timbo0o

o0timbo0o Member

[Feb 13, 2012]
    I'm going to dive in here and say , stay well clear of the eBay ones , i bought some from eBay 6 months ago , the matt version that looked 85% like the original s4 ones. Ok ,so they look the nuts and fitted well , but 6 months in and the matt effect is wearing off and the paint is starting to bubble underneath. I've gone back to the place off eBay where i bought them and surprise surprise I get this on my email ...

Ihre Nachricht

An: ebay-uk@goingfast.com
    Betreff: Question about manufacturers guarantee on Mirror caps
    Gesendet: 12.02.2012 14:19

wurde am 13.02.2012 08:16 gelöscht.

Which i will loosely translate ( courtesy of Google) ... Your email was deleted
    So far no further response after i took the time to write an email in German to them

You've been warned ! ebay link for where i got them eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
  4. Blackie

Blackie Active Member

[Feb 13, 2012]
    Check the sales ads. I have put some on today
  5. wyliss

wyliss Member

[Feb 13, 2012]
    The best way is oem. I bought a new set but they are worth it !
  6. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[Feb 14, 2012]
    I found out mine had OEM ones on but crewe Audi removed them before I got to see it , probably to pay for the clutch they had to put in...gutted. the clutch would've been fixed on warranty if they left it. :(
  7. o0timbo0o

o0timbo0o Member

[Feb 14, 2012]
    +1 for Wyliss , I'm afraid it's the only way to go .. my second polite email lovingly translated into German also got the same deletion treatment , so Please beware , they will look good for around 6 months and when they start to deteriorate , Do not expect any help or replacements .. especially from ebay shop " goingfast " seller ID car-style-discount[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unfortunately it seems that there is nothing you can do to get to them , these products from Germany do not seem to be TUV approved and they do not respond to questions about warranty or guarantees , Ebay .. forget it .. it's outside the 30 or 45 day protection they offer.

The age old adage of " Buy it Cheap .. Buy it Twice " certainly stands up in this case.
    [/FONT]
  8. Blackie

Blackie Active Member

[Feb 14, 2012]
    Never had a problem with mine in the 18 months they have been on . Either on the A3 or A4
  9. o0timbo0o

o0timbo0o Member

[Feb 14, 2012]
    ok , so my car isn't the cleanest ..:ermm: but clearly shows blistering ... so much for the manufacturing process. If it was due to stonechips etc , i'd say ok .. but it isn't

[​IMG]
  10. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[Feb 14, 2012]
    Poor show on those.. ..:(