1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver cabin trims

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by QuottroA4, Jul 21, 2009.

1. QuottroA4

QuottroA4 Member

I am thinking of swapping out my trims for silver ones as I think they look more better than the dark grey ones I have in at the moment, is this an easy job?

Yet to track down a full trim kit as well, anyone know where I could get my hands on one? (other than fleabay) ;)

Rich
  2. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

there's a guide somewhere.... A4mods.com, I think.... somebody will have it linked... it's American, so he's taking carbon trim OUT and putting the fake wood stuff I.... I know :wtf: but it gives you all the key steps....
  3. paul20v

paul20v Audi fanatic

why would you:puke2:
  4. BahnStormer77

I know.... :puke2:

I'm not vouching for the Yanks' taste... but at least one of them has had the decency to document the steps and it's not exactly rocket science to transpose wood to Alu, and Alu for wood in the guide....

hey maybe the US where people can sell all the rotten* wood interiors that have been ripped out of European cars? (*pun intended!)
  5. QuottroA4

QuottroA4 Member

Oh dear, just noticed what I wrote... 'more better' sound like a chav, best nip down to asda tomorrow and get myself a fake burberry cap..

6. filthyrich

filthyrich slipper wagonz

I have just painted my FAKE wood trims silver they come out quite easy exept for the long dash one:banghead: which i sweated my arse off getting out!!but after 5 coats of paint and laq they look the nuts..will try and get some pics up..i also did ashtrays aswell.
  7. BahnStormer77

there's soem £40 eBay kits that are a LOT easier to do - don;t even need to remove teh trim.... still, nothing beats the cool cold feel of real metal :)