Silky's S3...

Crazy money, but looks sweet! Got it a bit cheaper as it came direct from the factory :)

Decided to replace my LED number plate bulbs with the OEM LED units as one of mine started to flicker. The OEM look more more OEM(!), they are not as bright but they are whiter and much more directional so only light up the number plate rather than the whole back end of the car!

No errors as well, but that will be down to the fact i'm running a load equaliser/resistor on the number plate light wiring.

Pics:

1.JPG

2.JPG

New OEM unit on left, old LED on right

both.png

Both in

done.png

photo%25202.png

Also replaced the soft screws with marine grade hex bolt, 1000 times better that than the screws!

Reactions: Boydie
i saw in another topic you mentioned your running rear DRLs how do you do that is it coding

share more info!!!!
as i don't know if i want that update or not.
+1

Still haven't had the upgrade done so I'm very keen to hear some feedback, especially on the linear throttle version.

Silky, how are you getting along with the 10mm spacers? Any issues/complaints/regrets? Shopping around for some for my car, but still lost on which size to go for :)

Silky, how are you getting along with the 10mm spacers? Any issues/complaints/regrets? Shopping around for some for my car, but still lost on which size to go for :)

Yes mate no issues at all once I've removed the rear bumper screw. Been on for months now and everything is spot on! I think 10mm is the perfect size :)

+1

Still haven't had the upgrade done so I'm very keen to hear some feedback, especially on the linear throttle version.

Will update soon, but suffice to say Im getting the old map put back on this week!

Went Stage 2 last week with the linear map. Can't say I'm wowed by it either. Strangely enough after the map my car has an extremely long cold start that wasn't present with the old Stage 1 map. Would be interesting to hear your experiences too

Will go 2+ at the end of the month and perhaps try the non-linear file instead.

P.S. Thanks for the spacer info ;)

C'mon Silky, you're keeping me in suspense with those map issue experiences you had :beerchug:

OK the new map, in my view, is not aggressive enough, produces less power and torque, uses much less boost and overall (I think) is a backwards step from the old map. I even tried both liner, and non liner map and both were the same :(

The new map also seems to have issues with the Stronic box, as it dropped a lot of boost when changing, but the old map kept the boost solid as a rock (can see this on the boost gauge).

Ive now gone back to the old map, and its like night and day. We did back to back runs and I can say the old map is 100% times better, much more aggressive, more boost, more excitement and really makes the car sing. Where as the old map, is very flat and very boring! I'd recommend anyone getting there car mapped to request the old (V10 I think) map.

Big thumbs up to Revo HQ listening to my concerns and sorting me out. Top marks, Revo all the way!!

Last edited:
so that's really disappointing. don't need that map if it's going to make less power and torque.
do they have v10 with linear throttle?

well, i'm sticking with v10 then as i like how it feels and how it goes. just need to tweak it a little more :racer:

OK the new map, in my view, is not aggressive enough, produces less power and torque, uses much less boost and overall (I think) is a backwards step from the old map. I even tried both liner, and non liner map and both were the same :(

The new map also seems to have issues with the Stronic box, as it dropped a lot of boost when changing, but the old map kept the boost solid as a rock (can see this on the boost gauge).

Ive now gone back to the old map, and its like night and day. We did back to back runs and I can say the old map is 100% times better, much more aggressive, more boost, more excitement and really makes the car sing. Where as the old map, is very flat and very boring! I'd recommend anyone getting there car mapped to request the old (V10 I think) map.

Big thumbs up to Revo HQ listening to my concerns and sorting me out. Top marks, Revo all the way!!
Exactly my experience as well, will be switching back to v10 when I do my HPFP. Cheers for the feedback...at least now know my car isn't to blame. :)

Hi guys,

The time has come to put my car back to standard as I've got a new 8V S3 on its way!

So, everything you see in the thread will be for sale over the next few weeks. That includes all the Stage 2+ hardware (TB Exhaust, ITG, HPFP etc), plus all the other mods I've done (full carbon grab/knee handles, boost gauge and air vent mount kit, wheel spacers, TTS cover etc) so take a look through this thread and see what you fancy.

Everything is in top quality condition, and done less than 10,000 miles.

As I take things off I'll post them here with prices etc. Might put then on eBay, or just sell then here, see what the interest is like.

Cheers :)

Silky, interested in the carbon grab handles mate. Can you PM me an asking price? Cheers

What HPFP is it (Loba, Autotech, AMD) and could you PM an asking price please. Also would you be needing the stock fuel pump in return. Is this for the full pump or just internals? Many thanks and good luck with the rest of the sale.

What HPFP is it (Loba, Autotech, AMD) and could you PM an asking price please. Also would you be needing the stock fuel pump in return. Is this for the full pump or just internals? Many thanks and good luck with the rest of the sale.

Pm on its way mate

I would be intrested in anything for stage 2+ drop us a on with some prices you have in mind

OK, so the carbon grab handles and TTS engine cover have already been sold.

Anymore for anymore? :)

still waiting for you to pm us about the turbo back exhaust and bits mate

Are the spacers and boost gauge still up for sale mate, and could you pm me a full list of bits you've got for sale thanks

Yes mate, spacers and boost gauge still available. PM on its way.

Spacers now sold! :)

Anymore for anymore before it goes on eBay?

Just had the Pipewerx TB system taken off today and the original system put back on. Jeff at Pipewerx did a great job as usual!

So these means the system is up for sale. Details:

Pipewerx Full Turbo Back System, designed and custom built by Jeff at Pipewerx out of stainless steel
3" Downpipe, 2.5" Cat Back, Twin outlets very similar to OEM
100 Cell Sports Cat, passes MOT no problem
First box has been shaped around the prop shaft for maximum power
Comes complete with mounting clamps etc
Been on my car for around 10,000 miles
My car is a S3 sport back (5 door), but should fit a 3 door with some slight modification (buyer to check)
This system and other Stage 2+ hardware/software on my car made 363 bhp on the dyno
Normal driving its not loud, perfect for motorway driving. At WOT its loud and sounds awesome!
Pictures below, has slight surface marks (to be expected) but these will clean up no problem.

Can be collect from Huddersfield, could post but might be expensive due to weight etc!

Get in touch via PM if you interested!

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG

Last edited:
Hi is the HPFP still for sale, if so can you PM me details please.

Sorry mate, HPFP and ITG CAI sold!

In terms of Stage 2+ mate, just the exhaust!

I also have the iPhone 4/4S cradle for the armrest/dash phone prep for sale :)