Silky's S3...

Nice one mate - it really does make a big difference!!

100% consider a forge oil catch can, you will not believe the muck that comes out of the engine. Regretabley, it is something I did not do to my car when I bought it at 16k miles!

Great mod, looks spot on. Beginning to wish I'd taken this route now rather than fannying about hacking up an old S3 one!

What else is planned for this Matt, Fuel pump, any other mods? :wub: Getting there brother! :wub:

Cheers mate. Got plenty of stuff to do yet, some which may involve your skills/suppliers!

HPFP is already in, had to do that to go to S2+. RS4 FV may be next on the cards :)

Nice one mate - it really does make a big difference!!

100% consider a forge oil catch can, you will not believe the muck that comes out of the engine. Regretabley, it is something I did not do to my car when I bought it at 16k miles!

Cheers mate, got your old S3 cover sitting here, need to put it back up for sale now!

I take it no performance gains are to be had from the catch can, just preventative?

FMIC may be on the cards soon :)

That looks amazing, Silky! Top modding as ever :wub: xx

Still doesn't look as sexy as your engine bay. Looking forward to getting my Porsche caps to finish it off!

Great mod, looks spot on. Beginning to wish I'd taken this route now rather than fannying about hacking up an old S3 one!

Thats what I was gonna do mate (even bought Boydie's old cover), but I just thought for the price, why not. Much less hassle. I'm sure yours will look sweet though.

:)

Fitted my 10mm H&R Spacers this morning (10mm From & Back) with new McGuard locking bolts. Looks pretty good, much more aggressive. I know its not 'stance' but its gone in the right direction! Well happy with it :) No rubbing as well! :)

Also painted my rusty hubs while I was at it, and gave my wheels a good clean and wax. First time using that IronX, its well good stuff! Got rid of all the baked in brake dust, look like brand new wheels now :) Hopefully the 3 layers of Collinite 476 will hold up for a while.

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%204.JPG

photo%205.JPG

photo%2012.JPG

photo%2013.JPG

Reactions: warren_S5, Paullie and MartayMcFly
Looks SO much better with the spacers on and the hubs painted. As you say, the wheels look like new! Fab job as always, Fella. :wub: xx

Looks SO much better with the spacers on and the hubs painted. As you say, the wheels look like new! Fab job as always, Fella. :wub: xx

Cheers Paullie, not a patch on your wheels though! :)

Well done Silky.
Looking at your car is almost like looking into a mirror! haha (I just need the grill and front splitter re-done).

What a difference the painted hubs and clean wheels look hey!
I used IronX as well, smells terrible but does a great job!

I was getting rubbing on my rear with the 12mm spacer, took the wheel arch out and not a single bit of rub now.
Car is sitting very low also.

Let me know if you get any rub on the front with the 10mm.
I hear the odd knock but not sure if it is a rub or not.

Well done Silky.
Looking at your car is almost like looking into a mirror! haha (I just need the grill and front splitter re-done).

What a difference the painted hubs and clean wheels look hey!
I used IronX as well, smells terrible but does a great job!

I was getting rubbing on my rear with the 12mm spacer, took the wheel arch out and not a single bit of rub now.
Car is sitting very low also.

Let me know if you get any rub on the front with the 10mm.
I hear the odd knock but not sure if it is a rub or not.

Hi mate,

I spoke to soon, flying home tonight and hit a big dip in the road and it very slightly rubbed on the rear right. You can see a small mark on the outside edge of the tyre. What's this bumper screw you can remove? Can you point me in the right direction? Does it need replacing with another type if screw?

No rub so far on the left rear or the fronts.

Reactions: pinterovski
Hey mate,

it is a small screw that connects your rear bumper with the wheel arch (at the join line).
You just remove it, no need to replace it with another screw.

7019822977_d03a44dd06_z.jpg

Hi mate,

I spoke to soon, flying home tonight and hit a big dip in the road and it very slightly rubbed on the rear right. You can see a small mark on the outside edge of the tyre. What's this bumper screw you can remove? Can you point me in the right direction? Does it need replacing with another type if screw?

No rub so far on the left rear or the fronts.

Spot on, cheers mate. Will take a look at that tonight.

Still doesn't look as sexy as your engine bay. Looking forward to getting my Porsche caps to finish it off!

Cheers Paullie, not a patch on your wheels though! :)

That's lovely of you to say so, Silky but if I didn't have a knackered back and was as handy with a tool kit as you obviously are, I'd mod my car more like you have yours. I have simply chosen bits to bolt straight onto mine or have had them modded for me, ready to go on, whereas you've done so much of the work by yourself and are able to step back from your car and say, "I did that". Just LOVE this S3!! :wub: xx

look sooooooo much better!! loving the fresh hubs too!! how long did you leave them to dry before re-fitting your wheels and driving??

Great work sir, loving those hubs!! Makes such a big improvement!

keep it up, great car!

That's lovely of you to say so, Silky but if I didn't have a knackered back and was as handy with a tool kit as you obviously are, I'd mod my car more like you have yours. I have simply chosen bits to bolt straight onto mine or have had them modded for me, ready to go on, whereas you've done so much of the work by yourself and are able to step back from your car and say, "I did that". Just LOVE this S3!! :wub: xx

:wub::wub:Thanks!:wub::wub:

Thats the bit I enjoy most about modding, taking something on the crar, thinking how it could be better, solving the problems, and then looking back and enjoying my handy work!!

Reactions: Paullie
look sooooooo much better!! loving the fresh hubs too!! how long did you leave them to dry before re-fitting your wheels and driving??

Left them for about an hour mate, seemed to do the trick.

Hey mate,

it is a small screw that connects your rear bumper with the wheel arch (at the join line).
You just remove it, no need to replace it with another screw.

7019822977_d03a44dd06_z.jpg

Screw out (both sides) and no rubbing! Been flying up and down the same road (where it rubbed befiore) and not a jot!

Thanks Poli:)

Now I need to get mine looking as shiny as yours and do a photo shoot!

Just gave the S3 an epic 6 hour full spring clean! I'm knackered now! Its now fully polished and protected for summer :)

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.png

photo%25203.png

photo%25204.JPG

photo%25205.png

More mods coming over the weekend...;)

Reactions: N8
Looking goog Silky, did you have any more rubbing issues with your wheels?

Cheers!

Not since I've removed the rear bumper screws, no rub at all now :)

Just been out doing some logging and SPS adjustments, thought I'd do a few 0-60 runs using the Dynolicious app on my iPhone. I know its not perfect but good to see how mods/adjustments make a different.

So my best run was, bearing in mind it was throwing it down with rain and I was getting all 4 wheels spinning when using launch control:

0-10 MPH: 0.83
0-20 MPH: 1.34
0-30 MPH 1.90
0-40 MPH: 2.57
0-50 MPH 3.43
0-60 MPH 4.47
0-70 MPH: 5.69
0-80 MPH: 7.12
0-90 MPH 8.69

1/4 Mile: 13.32 @ 90.4 MPH

It worked out that I had around 336HP, but that sounds little low to me. Once its dry we will try again :)

Not too bad for a little hatchback!

Last edited:
Reactions: MartayMcFly
I guess the wet kind of cancels out the benefit of launch control, but that's a hell of a time for a lowly hot-hatch.

Yep, not bad at all.

For comparison, at Stage 1 in the bone dry the best 0-60 I got was 4.84.

Yep, not bad at all.

For comparison, at Stage 1 in the bone dry the best 0-60 I got was 4.84.

Still a great time. Quoted stock time is 5.4 with S-Tronic, so you're around a second faster at 2+. Wonder what mine would do...

Just been out doing some logging and SPS adjustments, thought I'd do a few 0-60 runs using the Dynolicious app on my iPhone. I know its not perfect but good to see how mods/adjustments make a different.

So my best run was, bearing in mind it was throwing it down with rain and I was getting all 4 wheels spinning when using launch control:

0-10 MPH: 0.83
0-20 MPH: 1.34
0-30 MPH 1.90
0-40 MPH: 2.57
0-50 MPH 3.43
0-60 MPH 4.47
0-70 MPH: 5.69
0-80 MPH: 7.12
0-90 MPH 8.69

1/4 Mile: 13.32 @ 90.4 MPH

It worked out that I had around 336HP, but that sounds little low to me. Once its dry we will try again :)

Not too bad for a little hatchback!

Something's very wrong with those figures!

0-90 in 8.69 seconds isn't right, and the 1/4mile peak speed is too low?

Something's very wrong with those figures!

0-90 in 8.69 seconds isn't right, and the 1/4mile peak speed is too low?

Thats the figures it came up with. The difference between 1/4 mile and 0-90 can be explained by this taken from the Dynolichsh app webpage.

[h=4]My results don't add up![/h]My 0-60 says 6.5 seconds, but my 330' says 6.6 sec @ 58MPH that doesn't make sense!The difference is that your distance time/speed uses a different rollout than the speed test (usually 12" for the distance, 0" for the speed). This is done because the typical drag strip uses a 12" rollout, but car magazines use a 0" rollout for 0-60. Basically you get 12" of free acceleration before the timer starts for a 1/4 mile run. If you want spot-on accurace you need to match your rollout numbers for both speed and distance runs.

Still a great time. Quoted stock time is 5.4 with S-Tronic, so you're around a second faster at 2+. Wonder what mine would do...

Yep, it feels pretty fast whatever the time! Need to get it on the strip really...

Thanks for the comments.

Hi guys.

I'l selling my Porsche Oil cap (that I got through this group buy) that has been on my car for 200 miles, nothing wrong with it I just prefer the Audi R8 oil cap that Ive just fitted :)

photo.JPG

£12 delivered (payment via bank transfer)

PM me if you want it!

Porsche cap now sold guys!

Pics of the R8 one:wub::

photo%25202.JPG

photo%25203.JPG