Silky's S3 (8V)

Yes mate, all leather and fabric protected and sealed.

What with? There is so much info out there about protecting the exterior but not nearly so much about the interior. All the quotes I've had have been for outside only. TIA

Hi..... I work offshore and have taken a job overseas, so I've asked for a April May delivery, just sold my Audi all road 3.0tdi, now that was a great car, but really looking forward to this S3

What? So you can upgrade further than what the interior light pack provides assuming silky has this?

Yes I can.

Can upgrade the OE LED puddle and footwell with some brighter replacements, a LED glove box light and some LED's for the red door warning lights.

Boot lights also if you have the halogen ones.

Trups

Reactions: Louay
Yes I can.

Can upgrade the OE LED puddle and footwell with some brighter replacements, a LED glove box light and some LED's for the red door warning lights.

Boot lights also if you have the halogen ones.

Trups

Merry Christmas.

Can you, after Christmas of course, send me prices including delivery for the above mentioned items for me to consider in March shortly after collection.

Thanks

Louay

It would be worth posting up a full list of retro fit 8V LED prices, or a link to a list if it exists.

I will make up a price list page and pictures for everything I can offer on the 8v for you guys in my section.

Merry Christmas

Reactions: Silky-S3 and VeeDubDan
Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't updated this for ages, been enjoying the car too much! I'll get back to you all, and do a full update/review/mods so far this week when I get a sec.

Headline pros and cons after 2000 miles:

Pros
1. The car is much more tail happy than my old S3, not sure if this is due to different Haldex settings or the new chassis. 4 wheel drifts are possible when ESP is totally turned off! :)
2. The exhaust note! Awesome, especially with the Stroinc. Not sure about the false engine sound coming through the centre speaker when in dynamic mode though, sounds a but cheap to me, but everyone else likes it thats been in the car.
3. The finish in the cabin, a massive step up from the 8P S3. Loving Mono.Pur.
4. Stronic is much more aggressive and faster to change than the 8P.
5. ACC and all the other tech, loving the advance key, LED headlights, google mapping sat nav, folding mirrors on lock, Connect services etc
6. Super Sports seats, so comfortable while holding you firm.

Cons:
1. The performance is a little flat. But I was expecting this coming from a Stage 2+ 360bhp 8P S3. Remap is needed, saying that the turbo lag and torque is much improved from the 8P.
2. Rear view mirror is way to small (even with the auto dimming one)
3. The position of the all weather light (LED lights)/fog light switch is hidden by the steering wheel. The old pull type switch on the 8P was better.
4. Lack of storage space, no holes to store stuff and the door pockets are rubbish!
5. Some c*nt opening the door into mine when it was 2 weeks old, causing a dint and taking the paint off :( Going in to bodyshop next week to fix.

More to come...

Reactions: Lmg and the_lecht_rocks
Thought I'd just let you guys quickly know what VCDS mods I've done so far. Very limited at the moment as VCDS does not have much coding info for the 8V as of yet. Will get better with time...

Alarm Beep on Lock/Unlock
[09] Central Electronics
Go to Security Access and enter 31347
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set Yes

Just to note the beep is much quieter than the old 8P beep, but still useful especially with advance key.

Acoustic Lock Menu
[09] Central Electronics
Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung
Set Yes

This enables a new menu setting in the car settings which you can control (on/off) the lock beep from the MMI, rather than using VCDS.

Set Oil Temp on all DIS menus
[17] Instruments
Long Coding
Byte 10, Bit 1. Display Oil Temperature

This enables the oil temperature on all DIS menus (the ones you scroll with your left thumb) rather then just the lap timer. Very handy as the S3 has no temp gauge! Should be as standard really!

More to come! :)

Reactions: Q5 TRS, ivicyrusivi and the_lecht_rocks
Anymore pics mate?
I pick my Estoril S3 up on Thursday and it's going in to be detailed on Friday but I can't wait that long! Haaha

Anymore pics mate?
I pick my Estoril S3 up on Thursday and it's going in to be detailed on Friday but I can't wait that long! Haaha

Not yet mate, car is hanging! Haven't washed it since collecting it. Too cold!

Thought I'd just let you guys quickly know what VCDS mods I've done so far. Very limited at the moment as VCDS does not have much coding info for the 8V as of yet. Will get better with time...

Alarm Beep on Lock/Unlock
[09] Central Electronics
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set Yes

Just to note the beep is much quieter than the old 8P beep, but still useful especially with advance key.

Acoustic Lock Menu
[09] Central Electronics
Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung
Set Yes

This enables a new menu setting in the car settings which you can control (on/off) the lock beep from the MMI, rather than using VCDS.

Set Oil Temp on all DIS menus
[17] Instruments
Long Coding
Byte 10, Bit 1. Display Oil Temperature

This enables the oil temperature on all DIS menus (the ones you scroll with your left thumb) rather then just the lap timer. Very handy as the S3 has no temp gauge! Should be as standard really!

More to come! :)

Ooh, not seen these ones before! I don't know much about VCDS really but am considering getting myself a cable, just worried about any warranty issues, and whether changes I make will get overwritten if they ever do a software update for the car or anything. I need to gather up all the things I want to have done at some point into a list!

Ooh, not seen these ones before! I don't know much about VCDS really but am considering getting myself a cable, just worried about any warranty issues, and whether changes I make will get overwritten if they ever do a software update for the car or anything. I need to gather up all the things I want to have done at some point into a list!

Get one mate, they are great! Will be able to adjust loads more once more Ross Tech sort the coding out. Don't worry about warranty, all you are doing is enabling options that are already on the car! (like you did with the ACC menu) Take a Autoscan of original settings and you can always go back to standard, a 2 min job.

The dealer did the ACC menu though so assume that'll be covered anyway.

What sort of outlay am I looking at? Prices seem to vary wildly on ebay, should I avoid the cheaper ones or are they all fine?

Is there a risk of damaging the car if I screw something up?

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't updated this for ages, been enjoying the car too much! I'll get back to you all, and do a full update/review/mods so far this week when I get a sec.

Pros
1. The car is much more tail happy than my old S3, not sure if this is due to different Haldex settings or the new chassis. 4 wheel drifts are possible when ESP is totally turned off! :)
2. The exhaust note! Awesome, especially with the Stroinc. Not sure about the false engine sound coming through the centre speaker when in dynamic mode though, sounds a but cheap to me, but everyone else likes it thats been in the car.
5. ACC and all the other tech, loving the advance key, LED headlights, google mapping sat nav, folding mirrors on lock, Connect services etc

Cons:
1. The performance is a little flat. But I was expecting this coming from a Stage 2+ 360bhp 8P S3. Remap is needed, saying that the turbo lag and torque is much improved from the 8P.
3. The position of the all weather light (LED lights)/fog light switch is hidden by the steering wheel. The old pull type switch on the 8P was better.
4. Lack of storage space, no holes to store stuff and the door pockets are rubbish!
5. Some c*nt opening the door into mine when it was 2 weeks old, causing a dint and taking the paint off :( Going in to bodyshop next week to fix.

More to come...

Forgot to say, loving Estoril!

Is there a risk of damaging the car if I screw something up?

Yes, you can screw stuff up, but as long as you have a backup of the original coding you can just got back to that. Its just a case of not going in there all guns blazing and ticking things when you don't know what they do.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks and cemerson
Sorry about the noob question but what you need to access those mods VCDS?

And what you guys mean with ACC?

Stunning car! Order mine spin Friday, same but black.

Brilliant black, cars is still spec amendable for a week or so, so might swap to Panther need some pics of both

Hi guys,

Pros

Cons:

More to come...

Good feedback. interesting comment re: folding mirrors on lock - did previous gen audis not have this , if not I find that rather shocking. Must have been stolen from Peugeot - my 11 year old pug 307xsi had this as STANDARD kit and its been 100% faultless over 105K miles. Audi please take note!

Good feedback. interesting comment re: folding mirrors on lock - did previous gen audis not have this , if not I find that rather shocking. Must have been stolen from Peugeot - my 11 year old pug 307xsi had this as STANDARD kit and its been 100% faultless over 105K miles. Audi please take note!
Peugeot and Audi cannot be compared unless its a 205 gti or 106 rallye

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash B
The dealer did the ACC menu though so assume that'll be covered anyway.

What sort of outlay am I looking at? Prices seem to vary wildly on ebay, should I avoid the cheaper ones or are they all fine?

they are basically all the same.
I am selling some on Ebay ... not sure I am the cheaper but can't be far.
Not shipping to the UK as of now, but hey, could send it there for free if you feel like it.

Speak to Nath (NHN) on here mate. He can sort you out.

Brilliant black, cars is still spec amendable for a week or so, so might swap to Panther need some pics of both

Do it! We need more Panthers on the road.

Panther adds a touch of class and you know there are far fewer than the (now common) estoril!

No don't buy a Brown S3. ;-). Phantom is best and cheaper and very practical !

Just been offered a panther but in manual instead of my preferred s tronic, this model has b and o and the tech pack, shall I sacrifice the s tronic for these options? Could have in a week, two weeks max!

Just been offered a panther but in manual instead of my preferred s tronic, this model has b and o and the tech pack, shall I sacrifice the s tronic for these options? Could have in a week, two weeks max!

Only you know the answer. For me manual yes panther no.

do it! manual more engaging plus b&o and exclusive S3 colour. 1-2 week delivery. do it! IMO

Is there any discount on offer too? 9% and I'd do it!

sounds good though id prefer the stronic now - look at me swinging 100% over from manual to stronic preference!!!

externally thats what I've ordered. looks awesome bud. i didn't go for the super sports seats tho, just regular full leather.

what do you think of the Audi Sound System?
i chose that over standard.

oh and thanks for pics of yours. always look better when owners take them for some reason. you've got some cracking shots there! keeping me going till i get mine haha

Thom

externally thats what I've ordered. looks awesome bud. i didn't go for the super sports seats tho, just regular full leather.

what do you think of the Audi Sound System?
i chose that over standard.

oh and thanks for pics of yours. always look better when owners take them for some reason. you've got some cracking shots there! keeping me going till i get mine haha

Thom

Cheers!

The Audi sound system is great. I'd say as good, if not better than Bose on my old 8P S3.

Reactions: cemerson

Do it!