Silicon Induction Hose

S3 Vermin

Reaction score
I changed the stock induction hose for a silicon hose on my S3 this morning and now when I drive my car, If I come off then on the power I get abit of a jerk when the power kicks back in its like the new hose has made the engine lose some of its smoothness?
And when driving it hard at the point the engine get to around 6000 revs
the induction sound gets alot louder but it does not feel like the car is still pulling.
Im thinking of getting my car remaped will this help with my 1st problem?
And has anyone had the same or other problems when they changed the induction hose on thier own car?

Any Help wouth be great please :wtf:

:greyrs4:

You will notice hessitation if the air intake has changed. I've not heard of anyone using a silicon hose for their induction before! Silicon is normally only used if there is pressure as the hose wont compress as much as the OEM hoses. If I was you i'd pop the standard hose back on.

could this not be down too the hose bending in slightly, changing shape with the suction or is it just me been daft

You could be right. Any restriction inside the air intake will cause air resistance. If S3 Vermin has put the silicon hose in so he can bend and manipulate it round obsticles in his engine bay then that may be his issue. With a ridged plastic intake it can be bent without loosing the shape of the diameter of the hose.

erm, have we ascertained if this chap means hes changed the TIP (the pipe that connects to the turbo) or the cold feed leading to the airbox??

yuo Westle..... like pin the tail on the donkey :)

Vermin, we could do with knowing where you have sourced your silicone pipe and what ply it is along with any facts relating such as was it designed for this car or mocked up etc etc

what you mean when the oxygen being sucked in reacts with the silicon causing it to be sucked into the turbo?..nothing worse :)

Yeah sorry guys animal is correct, I was talking about TIP (Air filter to Turbo) its 3 ply and I got it off ebay, hope that helps

Cheers

i have an ebay 3 ply jobby on mine vermin and its given me no trouble at all, i take it you've checked all your connections? i know from experience that its a right '****' getin the bottom end on the turbo let alone tightening the chuff up - other things id do is make sure your panel filter is in good condition

it wasn't a hong kong purchase was it?

sorry mate i bought mine off someone who bought it off ebay mate....he bought a BAM one for his AMK :)

It was from an english firm though, motorsport firm IIRC...that said it did seem more flimsy than my OEM one, never had any trouble though