1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sidelights

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by jon1982, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jon1982

jon1982 diesel dodger

hi guys,

bought a pair of phillips sidelight upgrades and TRIED fitting them today, as anyone on here done this? (its a right t**t)
    i managed to get hold of it and twiddle it around but did,nt want to force it out. do they pull straight out? or do i need to half turn then pull out?
    dont want to damage anything so any advice i would very very much apreciate!

thanks,
    jon

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. comc

comc VW-7 Audi-1

Jon
    I have done the sidelights on my 2006 A4 avant and assuming the light units are the same, the sidelight bulbs should pull straight out. Granted I do not have chunky hands and was just able to get the tips of my fingers either side of the bulb, with just enough pressure to pull the bulb. I seem to recall some other forum members saying that they pull on the wiring as it goes into the bulb holder and that is sufficient to extract the bulb but personally I would worry about damaging the wiring.
    If your hands are too big just ask the missus to do it for you :slapped:

4. doug.p

doug.p Getting There
    VCDS Map User

ditto the above
    did mine at the weekend but replaced with LEDS
    could not quite reach or get enough forct on the actual bulb, so pulled the wire and out it popped.
    the worst you could do here is pull a wire out of the back of the connection clip - they pop back in again easily so no worries there

5. Good 2 B A Gooner

Doug - The LED sidelights, is it just a lamp change or do you need resisters etc?

Any lamp faults?!

Cheers :icon_thumright:

6. jon1982

jon1982 diesel dodger

thanks guys thats helped me a lot.
    as i said all i was worried about was damaging something so i will have another go now at the weekend.
    thanks again.

7. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

You'll need resistors unless you buy Canbus compatible LED's with built in resistors......

8. jon1982

jon1982 diesel dodger

ok getting really frustrated now! finally got one of the bulbs out today but the other one (air filter side) is not budging at all, unscrewed everything i could see near the headlight to try and take it out but no look there either! think its gona have to be a garage job now, gutted though cos i have got one side fitted!

9. doug.p

doug.p Getting There
    VCDS Map User

pull via the wire - it will come out

10. jon1982

jon1982 diesel dodger

thanks doug, it took some doing but both new sidelights are now in! the difference is much better so pleased with the result.
    next up phillips 5000k diamond dipped beam and upgraded fogs, if i dare!?

11. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

I had the same problems, eventually i ended up pushing a bulb into the headlight and now i cannot get it out.

What bulbs did you use mate? i want some that dont cause the errors.

12. jon1982

jon1982 diesel dodger

at moment just got sidelights which are phillips blue vision from autobulbs direct, no bulb out or error warnings with them and they do look a lot better than the standard bulb.