1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidelight problem.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by -chris-, Oct 25, 2007.

1. -chris-

-chris- Member

Hello, having just bought my A4 my sidelights and headlights are very yellow and dull so thought i would buy myself some white/blue sidelight leds and am going to get an hid ki for my headlights. Heres the problem when i fitted the led sidelights when i switch them on they come on for a few seconds then they flash on and off too my confusion. I have tried swaping them over and turning them round but to no ovale:motz: anyone know what the problem could be?? i tried the leds in my gti and they work fine so i know its not the leds so must be something to do my my car.

Cheers for any help Chris.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. A4 TC

A4 TC 1.8T quattro sline

yep they flash i tried fitting led sidelights to mine too . I think its something to do with the car not reqconising the voltage and too solve the problem a resistor was needed to go across the led light itself dont know if anyones done it yet as im interested to know.

4. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!
    VCDS Map User

5. -chris-

-chris- Member

mmm am still confused so how do these work?? ie where do they go??

6. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!
    VCDS Map User

You have to put it across the supply to the lamp.

7. TINTMASTER

TINTMASTER TORQUETRONIX-DONEGAL

i run into the problem and just ordered a set of xenon look sidelights from a crowd in japan.
    There a blue glass 5w bulb (not just painted blue) and they look well when accompanied with my HID kit ;)

8. -chris-

-chris- Member

Do you have an address from where you got these mate?