Sidelight & DRL bulbs

GNJ_Motorsport

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.gnjmotorsport.com
I want to upgrade the sidelight and DRL bulbs on my S3. It is a 57 plate. The sidelights & DRL's look crap compared to the xenon headlights. Has anyone a link to some good bulbs to buy for this job? Also, what size bulbs are they? IE 501 etc. I have searched and found some info but a lot of it is conflicting with people having problems with LED's and so on. I just want them white/blue rather than looking like 2 small candles :)

For the sidelights get some 501 LED canbus bulbs, should work fine with no errors. I got some off Trups here and they are perfect.
As for the DRLs led ones are a bit of hit and miss so to be safe you can just get some mtec chrome ones (il post a link once I'm at a pc) which are cheap and still look good. If you want to loose that orange look in the headlights replace the indicator bulb with a set of silvertec indicator bulbs.

For the sidelights get some 501 LED canbus bulbs, should work fine with no errors. I got some off Trups here and they are perfect.
As for the DRLs led ones are a bit of hit and miss so to be safe you can just get some mtec chrome ones (il post a link once I'm at a pc) which are cheap and still look good. If you want to loose that orange look in the headlights replace the indicator bulb with a set of silvertec indicator bulbs.

Thanks for that. What type of bulbs are the DRL's? 501 again? Will get some ordered this week.

No mate the DRL's on a 57 plate S3 are P21W.

here are the ones i bought:
MTEC P21w 382 (1156) CHROME SUPER WHITE BULBS *PAIR* | eBay

some images when i first fitted it:
888fe18f.jpg

c3468f4b.jpg

6a99721e.jpg

ba981ea4.jpg

1f2c982f.jpg