1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidelight & DRL bulbs

GNJ_Motorsport Aug 23, 2011

1. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

I want to upgrade the sidelight and DRL bulbs on my S3. It is a 57 plate. The sidelights & DRL's look **** compared to the xenon headlights. Has anyone a link to some good bulbs to buy for this job? Also, what size bulbs are they? IE 501 etc. I have searched and found some info but a lot of it is conflicting with people having problems with LED's and so on. I just want them white/blue rather than looking like 2 small candles :)

2. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

For the sidelights get some 501 LED canbus bulbs, should work fine with no errors. I got some off Trups here and they are perfect.
    As for the DRLs led ones are a bit of hit and miss so to be safe you can just get some mtec chrome ones (il post a link once I'm at a pc) which are cheap and still look good. If you want to loose that orange look in the headlights replace the indicator bulb with a set of silvertec indicator bulbs.

3. GNJ_Motorsport

Thanks for that. What type of bulbs are the DRL's? 501 again? Will get some ordered this week.

4. DaveyB

DaveyB No misfires.

No mate the DRL's on a 57 plate S3 are P21W.

5. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

6. GNJ_Motorsport

That's brilliant just what I wanted. Ordered those and will order the 501's later today for the sidelights. Thanks for all your help much appreciated :)