Side skirts sline or S3

mike1628

Reaction score
Hi all

I have the a3 tdi se

Just some advice really , im going to upgrade either to the s line front or to the s3 but the decider is do i have to get side skirts with the s3 and if i do it will be expensive but if i dont, will it look silly.

Has anyone else just done the front without skirts?

I know the s line will be ok without them but can i have your opinion they are so expensive!
progress.gif
:w00t:

Cheers peeps

Last edited:
the side skirts will make the car look twice better, u can find side skirts for 40=50£ on ebay

I have a 2008 sportback s-line which i am just about to put on the S3 front , side skirts and rear , as i think with just the front it looks a bit heavy nosed so you need the side skirts ( if you go S3 that is ) then will need the S3 rear bumper , or lower section any way to keep the lines all the way down.

Its not such a issue if you go S-LINE as it's a really nice look but not to out of place and not really needed side skirts IMHO.

If you go S-LINE let me know as i will have all the S- line bits you need when i take mine of , Front bumper Black optics grill , Phantom black 2008.

I also have a silver s- line grill , chrome surround etc , which was on it originally before i went black optics grill etc.

The S3 full conversion is about £ 1000 for genuine Audi S3 ( new shape ) parts only + painting + fitting £££££££££££ , from S-LINE TO S3 as the fogs are the same , but ... and there is a but from SE you will need a few more bits.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
basically its if you think the £1k is worth the better looking front. I don't like to get anything unless it looks as good as possible so i'd get the s3 front with s3 skirts without even thinking!

i agree with that ^^

although my s3 front will cost no where near a grand! 500 max!

im getin parts second hand though...

The grand is for front bumper , grill , side skirts and rear lower bumper section , all genuine audi S3 ( parts only + paint + fitting )

the side skirts will make the car look twice better, u can find side skirts for 40=50£ on ebay

what side skirts for that price? No way will you get S3 ones for that price. AFAIK the s-line skirts are the same as a standard a3, votex being the only other option.

I bought a set of fog lights for the s line / s3 i was told they are the same so im ok for those, but thats all i have really... will need the plugs and wiring kits as well i know.

Ill be honest im not trying to be an actual s line or an s3 (you know interior etc) so dont want the badges on the front i just like the look, we all know i dont have the power of a s3

Im right at the begining and all together now "funds are low"

I have been reading threads for a couple of mth's and i dont know how you guys do it!!

So what you saying is if i get the side skirts it will look odd cause i need a back bumper (s3).

Has the s3 got a deeper bumper than the s line?

I have just ordered all the following from Dave at Stoke audi today , about 5 minutes ago !
S3 Front bumper and all bits needed with it.
S3 Black grill
S3 Genuine side skirts not votex
S3 Door sills * 4 off , so skirts fit as the doors will scrape.
S3 Rear bumper , with parking reserve , i could use the original s- line rear bumper on
my car but it is a different part number and thought WTF go all the way !
£ 1300 parts only
- what i can sell my s - line pieces for.

CRYPRIC23

Dont you need to change the wings as well if you want to put 2008 on a 2004?

if thats the case its not for me

I bought a set of fog lights for the s line / s3 i was told they are the same so im ok for those, but thats all i have really... will need the plugs and wiring kits as well i know.

Ill be honest im not trying to be an actual s line or an s3 (you know interior etc) so dont want the badges on the front i just like the look, we all know i dont have the power of a s3

Im right at the begining and all together now "funds are low"

I have been reading threads for a couple of mth's and i dont know how you guys do it!!

So what you saying is if i get the side skirts it will look odd cause i need a back bumper (s3).

Has the s3 got a deeper bumper than the s line?

I think the sills are more wider looking than being much deeper.

The later s-line & S3 rear bumpers are the same, the only option being parking sensors or not. It's the defuser that different. Not sure if the front or rear bumpers when all together are physically deeper or just more flared looking.

I thought the front lights were different on the 08 plate crypric23 got any pics?? and where in the world are you?

cheers

Last edited:

This the same front end as my car at the moment , apart from mine has the black optics grill. I am selling the front bumper and grill in the picture , or the black optics grill , which ever.

Manchester / Wilmslow uk

Last edited by a moderator:
hi do you have any parts for sale? also i have modded a few a3's now but the next one im putting the 09 stuff on, bumper bonnet etc but i NEED to know....do i need the wings and head lights? im sure i do but i thought i'd ask the experts first...let me know, thank you