Side moulding removal

Bong Water

In two minds
Reaction score
Hi all, hope you all good

Has anyone removed the side mouldings, is it an easy DIY job? Any pics of an A4 knocking around with them removed? I assume they need to be removed to fit aftermarket skirts but just wondering what it would look like with them removed and no skirts fitted, to much black plastic on the car IMO

Cheers

Side moulding removals have been posted here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=54464&highlight=trim

Pics here:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext47.shtml

I'll need to have mine removed as the screw has rusted. It's common.

I wished these side mouldings never existed in the first place - don't like them (except the S4s). It costs money to have them coloured coded, secondly they can be tricky to paint because the paint can crack (trim flexes like rubber). Thirdly the screw rusts. Forthly the trims become unseated and breaks off over time. Fifthly if you want to remove all mouldings once and for all you'll also have to remove the white clips then spend more to weld all four doors. :motz:

Thanks for the links
Does anyone have any pics of a car with the mouldings removed and no other skirts fitted? Just a boggo car with no mouldings? Would be very helpfull in helping me decide if I want to go ahead with removing them

Cheers

We talking the lower ones?
they will leave a few little pins and a hole visable once removed

IMG_1200.jpg

yeah the lower side door mouldings.... really? Gutted :(

Found a better pic than the ones I post previously. You'll notice the pins if you look closely.

audi_pics_095.jpg

Yeah thats the stuff, really wanted to see what it would like with no aftermarket side skirts though. Thanks for the pics guys, not sure about those pins so I will probably look into getting them colour coded

I HATE THE SIDE MOULDINGS, ARGH! THEY MAKE THE SIDE VIEW OF THE CAR LOOK TERRIBLE :(

I keep seeing pics of A4's with no mouldings on audi zine and VWVortex its driving me mad!

Ah, that maybe why then, wonder why Audi decided to fit them, what is their purpose!? They just look terrible to me IMO, really let the car down there is far to much black plastic.

I got some prices for S4 skirts and mouldings and I could not believe how expensive they were! The door mouldings alone were £200 and the skirts were £300!!!!!!!!!!

I bought mine used for £100 in the right colour too, i was dead lucky as my whole kit barley costed as much as the quote for your skirts

Going to have to keep scouring breakers, thing is, I cant find any!

I would quite like s4 sides but think that would mean I would have to get the trims to as dunno that they would look as good without the lower door trims.

Apparently they dont fit correctly without the S4 mouldings

I'll be on the look out for S4 body parts too - skirts, lower mouldings, skirts, front and rear bumpers.

Well if you find a hidden stash of S4 cosmetic parts then please let me know and I will love you forever