1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side Light Bulb replacement

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by Jon Clare, May 24, 2012.

1. Jon Clare

Jon Clare New Member

[May 24, 2012]
    Hi

A6 Avant 57 2.0 Tdi S-Line

I'm struggling to find the easiest way to replace the drivers-side side-lamp bulb. Filter hose is in the way. Take the filter off/out and still can't get at the back of the lights to replace the bulb. Halfords bloke admitted defeat tonight saying I'd have to take it to a garage. Another forum I've read says that the bumper has to come off !!

Anyone any ideas

Cheers

Jon
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

[May 24, 2012]
    there is a cover in the wheel arch to remove for access i do believe from memory
  4. Jon Clare

Jon Clare New Member

[May 30, 2012]
    If anyone's interested, I had the bulb changed at Audi and they charged me £14.65 !!
  5. abdul h ghafoor

abdul h ghafoor Member

[Jul 1, 2012]
    U have to remove the inner cover from the wheel arch of, it about 10 allen screws and couple of bolts. 5 min job
  6. Chadders

Chadders Member

[Nov 3, 2012]
    What pain in the arse job I've removed to rear cover from the light unit still no joy I only want to replace my normal sidelight bulb with and LED :sob:
  7. Chadders

Chadders Member

[Nov 3, 2012]
    Right worked it out & taken some pics I'll do a proper write up soon but you dont go through wheel arch for main dip & side lights only for indicator bulb & then all you do is prise off a small u plastic cover