1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side Light Bulb replacement

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by Jon Clare, May 24, 2012.

1. Jon Clare

Jon Clare New Member

Hi

A6 Avant 57 2.0 Tdi S-Line

I'm struggling to find the easiest way to replace the drivers-side side-lamp bulb. Filter hose is in the way. Take the filter off/out and still can't get at the back of the lights to replace the bulb. Halfords bloke admitted defeat tonight saying I'd have to take it to a garage. Another forum I've read says that the bumper has to come off !!

Anyone any ideas

Cheers

Jon

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

there is a cover in the wheel arch to remove for access i do believe from memory

4. Jon Clare

Jon Clare New Member

If anyone's interested, I had the bulb changed at Audi and they charged me £14.65 !!

5. abdul h ghafoor

U have to remove the inner cover from the wheel arch of, it about 10 allen screws and couple of bolts. 5 min job

6. Chadders

Chadders Member

What pain in the arse job I've removed to rear cover from the light unit still no joy I only want to replace my normal sidelight bulb with and LED :sob:

7. Chadders

Chadders Member

Right worked it out & taken some pics I'll do a proper write up soon but you dont go through wheel arch for main dip & side lights only for indicator bulb & then all you do is prise off a small u plastic cover