1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick of boost leaks, what pipework to fix it?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by @udi A3, Oct 27, 2013.

1. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

So today i had another episode of leaking boostpipes and squeeling noises under various loads and temps.
    Who has successfully fitted a FMIC on a tdi? What pipes did you use what lengths and angles?

I was hoping to grab the oem solution from a mk4golf or bora but they sell faster than things that sell very fast it would seem.

ideas?
  2. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D Cylinder Head Master

Where are the leaks coming from? Are from split hoses? Are they leaking due to the clapping? Do the hoses pop off?
  3. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

they havent popped off this time, and tbh im sick of trying to smoke test it. sometimes they come and go. i think its around the top of the intercooler. I want to get rid of the whole lot and fit a front mount r charge cooler tbh, no more flexing and moving of bad parts.

replacing the pipes with new or even the seals, would be costly and probably pointless!

Unless you think otherwise?
  4. Greig300

Greig300 Member

I would also like to know the correct pipe work for vacum hoses for my 8L S3