1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick 2.0T/ Fiesta Power / Flat 4 Sound

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by dean_watford, Feb 3, 2011.

1. dean_watford

dean_watford Member

[Feb 3, 2011]
    So after putting my back out at the weekend and sitting in the dentists chair for hour and a half today the engine light starts to flash on the M25. Next thing...no power....

First reaction is to look in the mirror...nope, no black smoke :happy: thank **** for that!! So I slow it down (not hard in the middle of the roadworks) and get off. Wind the window down and it sounds like a flat 4...in fact it sounds quite nice.....bit more of a listen, Yup, thats a major mis-fire.

Off we trundle to Audi Watford who helpfully only have 1 coil pack in stock...take it and then have to work out which one is busted. Nope, not the rusted one, and not even the one which is charred black on the end. But the one which looks brand new - go figure.

Car is well again, 3 more on order from Audi and I have to repeat the job again.

Had read these were quite awkward to do so was a bit worried, but they are simples. I remember reading a trick on here about using looped cable ties to pull the coil pack out with - whoever that was is a genius!!! Thank You!!:anbet:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep

[Feb 3, 2011]
    mine sounded like that when number 1 and 3 went she wasnt very well at all luckly it happened right by my work so i just pulled in there and got the train home and got some from euro car parts and yes i used the cable ties trick too so handy lol