1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should you use driving assistance systems on snow ?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by rezulteo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. rezulteo

rezulteo Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[​IMG]

Better late than never, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and very happy driving for 2012.

Snow has fallen in certain areas of the British Isles, and Europe. We made the most of it by taking to the Alps with a Renault Clio RS Phase 2, and a Subaru XV 2.0D (150bhp).

[​IMG]

We were there not only for fun, but also to participate in workshops with the engineers from Continental, with an aim to getting farmiliar with winter tyres and driving assistance systems. All on snow of course.

From these tests, we were able to come to various conclusions about driving on snow with driver assistance systems.

If you’re interested here’s a little more information on our test of the ContiWinterContact TS 830P on the Andros circuit.

For pure pleasure, we did a few laps with a Polaris RZR kitted out with winter tyres.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did anyone else have fun driving on the snow? Any picture or videos to share?
    Paullie likes this.
  2. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Where's the fun in using aids? lol. Seriously when I'm driving I'm driving, not a computer. Nothing shot this year but this was my commute to work one morning last year.

Snow Drive.wmv - YouTube

It just looked like the public highway of course. ahem
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

Would never drive in the snow with ESP on... traction control was a right PITA on my A4 and ESP is a nightmare... Audi even say to turn it off in the handbook...

<tuffty/>