1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i remove the spacers before Audi see the car?!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by PNH80, Jan 10, 2009.

1. PNH80

PNH80 Low life livin' the high life.

[Jan 10, 2009]
    Ladies and gentlemen.... I will soon be taking my car in to Audi for them to have a look at a bit of a niggle which has developed. This is nothing to do with the wheels, shocks, suspension etc BUT since it was last in for it's first service i have fitted spacers front and rear (10mm front, 15mm rear).

My question is... Is it a good idea to take the spacers off before taking the car in to Audi? If they notice them, will it void my warranty? And worse case scenario could they simply wash their hands of the car?

I have no idea ho seriously Audi take mods like this so a bit of advice would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Paul.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

[Jan 10, 2009]
    It depends on what is wrong with the car, if something related to the spacers like wheel bearing, suspension etc then they could turn round and they won't cover the problem

otherwise you'll be fine
  4. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Jan 10, 2009]
    Indeed, if your problem is related to anything to do with spacers then take them off. If it is an air con problem then its nothing to do with spacers and you'll be fine. They won't even notice, never notice mine being lowered or other mods.
  5. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jan 10, 2009]
    Mine has just been in for a brake squeal problem and I didn't take mine off.