1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i Buy this S4?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Calc, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Calc

Calc New Member

[Feb 27, 2004]
    Hi, Should i Buy This S4?
    here is the site
    http://www.mbvancouver.com/index.cfm?ID=2072
    this S4 is from mercedes, and it is old badge, the warrenty is going to expire at around august this year, i asked audi can i buy extend warrenty from them, but they said i cannot. so i am planning to get a 3rd party warrenty somewhere else,
    my question is are they trustable?
    and how many % will the ko3 blow if i drive it normally.take care of it in good shape.
    would u guys risk it if u were me? are the turbo in 01.5s have the same chance of blowing in 00s? where can i get cheap K04? thx! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. cbass

cbass Member

[Feb 27, 2004]
    $38,000(canada)=$28,000(USD)
    Seems like a pretty high price to me. There are a couple of S4's for sale around here for much less. One is a 2000 model and I'm not sure on the mileage for 22,900 and the other one is a 2001 with about 43,000 miles on it asking 23,900. But the one you are looking at has a lot less miles so maybe it would be worth it. A low mileage car is almost always a good buy. I have to admit, from what I cna tell on that little pic, it looks very nice. Good luck with it!

Don't know much about the turbos, I'm sure somebody else does...
  4. Calc

Calc New Member

[Feb 28, 2004]
    how do tell if the turbo or the car is in good condition?
    wat do i have to look out for?
    thx
  5. Patrick

Patrick Member

[Mar 4, 2004]
    Don't take this the wrong way but I get the impression you don't know that much about this particular car. If true, it's never a good idea to buy anything expensive without consulting with people that do know. If you were in the UK I would recommend you contact any number of professional auto associations who typically offer a detailed 3rd party inspection service and usually offer some level of recourse in the event that they miss a major problem.

They can typically spend anything from 1 to 3 hours checking a car!