1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i Buy this S4?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Calc, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Calc

Calc New Member

Hi, Should i Buy This S4?
    here is the site
    http://www.mbvancouver.com/index.cfm?ID=2072
    this S4 is from mercedes, and it is old badge, the warrenty is going to expire at around august this year, i asked audi can i buy extend warrenty from them, but they said i cannot. so i am planning to get a 3rd party warrenty somewhere else,
    my question is are they trustable?
    and how many % will the ko3 blow if i drive it normally.take care of it in good shape.
    would u guys risk it if u were me? are the turbo in 01.5s have the same chance of blowing in 00s? where can i get cheap K04? thx! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cbass

cbass Member

$38,000(canada)=$28,000(USD)
    Seems like a pretty high price to me. There are a couple of S4's for sale around here for much less. One is a 2000 model and I'm not sure on the mileage for 22,900 and the other one is a 2001 with about 43,000 miles on it asking 23,900. But the one you are looking at has a lot less miles so maybe it would be worth it. A low mileage car is almost always a good buy. I have to admit, from what I cna tell on that little pic, it looks very nice. Good luck with it!

Don't know much about the turbos, I'm sure somebody else does...

4. Calc

Calc New Member

how do tell if the turbo or the car is in good condition?
    wat do i have to look out for?
    thx

5. Patrick

Patrick Member

Don't take this the wrong way but I get the impression you don't know that much about this particular car. If true, it's never a good idea to buy anything expensive without consulting with people that do know. If you were in the UK I would recommend you contact any number of professional auto associations who typically offer a detailed 3rd party inspection service and usually offer some level of recourse in the event that they miss a major problem.

They can typically spend anything from 1 to 3 hours checking a car!