1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short Term Car Insurance For Young Driver

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Sky Insurance' started by Wai-Fan, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

As my A3 is absolutely useless in the snow, I've been trying to get insured to use my uncle's car for about a week.

Anyways, my uncle rang his insurance broker and he could only find me someone who could insure me annually for 2.5K!

Rang my own insurance and they tried to help me as well, but they couldn't get me insured because of age.

I tried a load of companies on Google, but no one would do it :(

Do you guys know of any companies that might???

Thanks.
  2. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

3. kirsty76

kirsty76 Member

im 21 and got insured on my mums 2007 bmw 3 series for only 300 quid for the whole year with swift cover. they are cheap for most things but wouldnt insure me as the main driver of my own car as they said im too young to insure it.
  4. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

Tried it and they are unable to quote me :(

Almost went with Swift Cover this year, it was the 2nd cheapest quote I got. I'm surprised they wouldn't insure you as I'm 21 too :S Anyways, I'll try give them a ring in the morning to see if they do short term cover.

Thanks guys.
  5. karbonk

karbonk Living a little!

Take out an annual policy then cancel when you are done. Just make sure the policy if pro-rata. This way you will get back whatever you dont use without paying a premium. I recommend Admiral.