Short shifters

shaunevo6

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted this ARP one?

APR Adjustable Short Shifter
http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/short_shifter_trans_6mt.html

Whats people's thoughts on short shifters, worth it or shall i stick to just fitting a new OEM relay lever.

Having had the gearbox rebuilt i want to eliminate any play in the gearstick. Iv got the bushes for the gearstick end to fit.

Any problems with notchy selecting with the short shifter?

Any advice be much appreciated.

Shaun

I've got one of the £20 eBay ones on the shortest setting and its awesome!

diesel geek sigma6 is awesome!

shortens front, back and side to side - once broken in it's even better and less notchy

APR one looks similar but are you really going to adjust the shifter a-gabillion times after you've found the "right" setting?

Reactions: shaunevo6 and crispynz1
I did look at the diesel geek one and it looks good!

The APR one could take abit of setting up, i was just wondering if anyone had tried one. I dont mind being a guinea pig and trying one, we wont ever know how things things work in real life if we dont try one :)

If its shocking and a biatch i can always fit a diesel geek one thats proven :racer:

Cheers guys!

They look similar in setup - it's just the ATP has the adjustable bits and a whole bunch of arrows and text that makes it look complicated LOL

in reality it's only two parts that mate here
Screen Shot 2016 07 27 at 181638

- however it looks like the ATP one you need to swap in where the shift cables insert to. the Dieselgeek is a full replacement.

Install takes 30mins - 1hour. It's pretty simple.

Reactions: shaunevo6