1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

short shifter

bigal23 Apr 12, 2013

1. bigal23

bigal23 Member

I have an 140 Quattro tdi and trying to find out if the r32 mk4 golf shifter will fit my a3?

the parts look identical except the r32 one give a shorter throw but I have not heard or seen anyone doing this to an 8p only 8l is there a subtle difference I am not seeing

2. bigal23

bigal23 Member

no one does this mod or have any ideas

3. Mikemc

Mikemc Scooby Slayer VCDS Map User

I'm sure I've read on here people fitting them to there s3's, is it not a waste of money on a derv though?

4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

i would say get a diesel geeks short shifter on there, looks better constructed and smoother gear changes while keeping the changes short. I have a forge one on my 2.0 TDI and although it is much better it is also a bit notchy.

Mike why would it be a waste of money? its still a car that can shift through the gears fairly quickly especially the lower gears due to its torque.

5. Mikemc

Mikemc Scooby Slayer VCDS Map User

Tbh I just assumed they were for petrols and with having a DSG, I have never looked into them