Short Shift Kit

Tom-E

Reaction score
Hi all, I've acquired a forge short shift kit, haven't got round to fitting it yet (too damn cold out there ATM!) although I had a look at the instructions on forge's website and had a quick look at my car, and it says to 'remove the Clips that hold the black plastic cable ends to the linkage' - bit confused as mine doesn't have these clips! They seem to 'pop' on as it were, but don't wana go yanking anything off just in case.
Can anyone shed some light on this, or am I just being simple?!
Tom.

Later cars had clips... earlier one are a press fit...

Not sure if the kit comes with the posts for both as its been a while since I fitted one... pretty sure there are both types in the kit... looking at the fitting instructions it says to unclip the ends but on the push fit ones you have to carefully pop them off...

<tuffty/>

Kit should come with both like tufty said, should be 3 different posts provided.

Yea got both in the kit, just wasn't sure how to get them off. I've got the 'push fit' ones by the sound of it, careful popping off it is then! Just didnt wanna go and do it if there was another way. Thanks for the instant replies, I'll have a search through past posts. Also received my autobahn TIP today so will be getting that on soon!

Tom