1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shocks/springs for B5 A4 tdiQuattro ?

mas Aug 3, 2005

1. mas

mas Member

Hi

I have a 98 a4tdi quattro avant. The shocks are getting towards the point where they will need replacing soon so I am looking into what to replace with.

Do all quattros have the sport suspension ? This one does but I am finding it difficult to understand the replacement options.
    I dont want to lower it any further and dont really want a very hard setup, it is used mainly for my wife to commute in, so dragging on the floor etc is unnecessary. When I look at things like koni they say that the quattro kit drops it by 30mm, but cant tell me if that is compared to a standard car or one with sports suspension.

Anyone got a suggestion for a direct like for like replacement? but at reasonable prices ?

thanks

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

The drop is compared to normal, the sport is around 25mm lower than std.

So a 30mm drop will be hardley noticable in comparison the sport spec suspension

HTH

3. mas

mas Member

Thank You!