Shell V-power

Had problems getting some in Devon last week, managed to get some on the M5 on the way home, £1.31 a litre.

I love V-Power and if they've developed a new type then they're being very quiet about it - unless anyone's found an article anywhere? Just rumours at the moment. Down here on the South coast there's loads of it.

Wonder if there's money to be made tanking some up to you guys in Scotland? Lol

M

anyone know where i can get fresh Scottish air for my tires down south...starting to panic a bit now:search:.....Everywhere is sold out !!!

you would be quicker inflating your tyres with the hot air spewing from your mouth haha

Hasn't anyone of you up there asked the garage staff? Unless it's a comnspiracy, their area manager would have foreseen all this hoo-haa and told them why there was going to be a shortage, temporailly.

Just being logical, lol.

M

I Am The Man!

Read this - http://www.shell.com/home/content/g...eature_opportunities_for_refineries_0109.html

And I found this comment somewhere (lost the webpage but the text was on my clipboard - lol), sorry I can't provide the link. Anyway ... :

"The refinery that supplies the shell garages has been taken over by a new company. As part of the takeover, they initiated QC checks in the plant. V power, which is marketed at 99ron failed the octane tests and as such has been pulled from distribution until the refinery sorts it out and get's it back to 99ron."

Next???

M

Hardly over the top, I do not trust tesco fuels after the damage their fuel caused many motorists a few years ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-440414/Tesco-pays-cars-hit-rogue-fuel.html

As i said im running it the now to get by but i will be glad to get it out my tank when Vpower is back again.

Davie

**Coughs** THE DAILY 'Scaremonger' MAIL - They talk as much sh*t as the red tops mate.... This is the paper that for about a month spread Wossy on the front page!

anyone know where i can get fresh Scottish air for my tires down south...starting to panic a bit now:search:.....Everywhere is sold out !!!

PMSL - You guys are nuts - £1.30 a fcukin little for PETROL!!! Whatever floats your boat! I'm selling my TDI soon and thought about getting another Petrol Turbo - Then remembered how much it cost and thought better of it...

I'm a member of the Shell "V-Power Club" which includes a nice magazine, special offers and, for me, about a £9 rebait every three months.

I found some info on the Shell Italy site - Looks like 100 octane!:
http://www.shell.it/home/content/it...road/fuels/shell_vpower/introduction_acc.html

Translated by Google:
Shell V-Power Instant Performance with Technology

World premiere, Shell launched a new generation of fuels.
Shell V-Power and Shell V-Power Diesel Instant Performance Technology (IPT).

This new formulation is designed to improve performance and maximize the performance of your car, whatever it is and from the first supply.
Why is Shell V-Power Special

Instant Performance Technology (IPT) is a new technology developed by Shell escienziati, the same involved in the development of race fuel.
Worked directly on the molecules of the new Shell V-Power, selecting specific hydrocarbons able to speed up the combustion process.
The special molecular formulation of Shell V-Power works the same way both in racing engines than in every day, helping the engine to release the maximum energy available.
Three important features

The 100 Octane, satisfying even the most demanding engine, allowing to exploit the maximum power output

Friction Modification Technology (FMT), the same used by Ferrari Formula One circuits, is designed to reduce friction between piston and cylinder.
This frees up precious mechanical energy, which is normally lost as heat, and place more efficiently to the wheels.

Shell V-Power is also designed to remove the valves and injection systems all those deposits that norms have a negative impact on performance and consumption.
The benefits in guid adi tuti day

The best performance of your car, making each more immediate acceleration, especially at times when you have pià need.

The ultimate in cleanliness for your engine, keeping the fuel system valves and injection system in optimal conditions: your engine as good as new.

The maximum efficiency.
Optimal combustion, reduced friction and maximum engine cleanliness fnzionamento increase efficiency, helping to reduce consumption.
Shell V-Power Club recognizes your passion