Shell V Power Nitro+

I just got a email about it ,but could not see if its in my area ...

Got an email too. I only use v power diesel tho, all they've said is that it has better cleaning agents and reduces friction by 25%, and also keeps the injectors cleaner. Until i see some cetane ratings for each i'll be sticking to my normal stuff unless they replace v power with it or its not much more in price.

All V power at my two local garages have been replaced by this, so no more standard V power.

If this is the same V-Power with added nitrogen that they've been selling in the states for a few years, don't get too excited. Shell was trumpeting this here, but it's a lot of marketing BS. I can't speak for additives in the UK, but over here ALL gasoline already contains nitrogen, the Shell V-Power simply has more. When I looked into it, the consensus was that the benefit of extra nitrogen is negligible to non-existent. I've run it a few times, and based on my long term fuel logs I actually get worse economy on V-Power than on the same octane gasoline from other stations. FYI, V-Power is the same octane as "premium" at any station here.

Hmm will see later on when i put some diesel in at shell on a50

If this is the same V-Power with added nitrogen that they've been selling in the states for a few years, don't get too excited. Shell was trumpeting this here, but it's a lot of marketing BS. I can't speak for additives in the UK, but over here ALL gasoline already contains nitrogen, the Shell V-Power simply has more. When I looked into it, the consensus was that the benefit of extra nitrogen is negligible to non-existent. I've run it a few times, and based on my long term fuel logs I actually get worse economy on V-Power than on the same octane gasoline from other stations. FYI, V-Power is the same octane as "premium" at any station here.

During ur tests how many tanks of v power had u been through before logging data? And what car do you drive?

Nitro+ is just Vpower re-branded.

Nitro+ Racing is the new 102RON fuel, however only being placed into a handful of stations across the country. Prices not yet known

The diesel has anti rust additives in it to prevent corrosion of the injector system apparently

Got some today on my way up out of London at Watford towards M25. 1 litre @ £1.40.
I couldn't tell you how it went due to issues with my car as it started to tick over and bust a load of oil out onto the road. Hopefully and obviously unrelated.

Apparently normal Vpower has been this new formulation for sometime, it was changed before the rebranding.

Just filled up with some of this tonight as they didn't have any of the V-power (that I could see) £1.49 a litre. Can't say I've noticed anything running any better to be honest.

I just used some of there diesel nitro + i didnt notice any difference tbh car feels the same and i drive it everyday so i would notice difference in power

Ok little bit of an update on this, the car definitely does not have any more power but, it does appear to be running a lot smoother. Is it worth the extra cost over normal or V-power? Probably not IMO.

Ok little bit of an update on this, the car definitely does not have any more power but, it does appear to be running a lot smoother. Is it worth the extra cost over normal or V-power? Probably not IMO.

Its replacing vpower and costs the same.

Car felt bit better today like more nippy also i could notice more black smoke out the exhaust than usual maybe its actually doing the job of i jector cleaners aswel as bein fuel :-/ ill see how many miles i get of £20 as tank was low when i put it in

momentum 99 for me, loving the clubcard points.

Reactions: OVRA3
I just filled up with this last night, its basically a replacement for vpower how vpower was the replacement of optimax so costs the same (well depending on fuel price but not anymore than what vpower would be).

Optimax was 98octane and vpower was 99octane and vpower nitro+ is still 99octane.

Apparently it reduces friction between components by 25% more over vpower... doubt you will see any performance enhancements, if you do its in your head. Might see small gains in MPG, maybe by 0.25 or 0.5 doubt anything more due to less friction.

I noticed no difference over vpower so far but will see when I come to end of tank but not expecting to see any differences.

Hope my evaluation helps :)

It doesn't say it reduces friction by 25%, it says it has 25% more friction modifiers than the old Vpower. So any effect is implied.

Reactions: amit87
ahhhh thanks for clearing that up, I was making it out to be better than it is lol.

It doesn't say it reduces friction by 25%, it says it has 25% more friction modifiers than the old Vpower. So any effect is implied.

My local shell has this and normal VPower replaced with VPower Nitro+ currently at £1.46 a litre for diesel

My local shell has this and normal VPower replaced with VPower Nitro+ currently at £1.46 a litre for diesel

My local have swapped out the VPower for VPower Nitro+, still at the stupid price of £1.54

My tdi runs a lot smoother when I put v power diesel in it, mainly because I run it on crappy Sainsbury's diesel which causes it to judder after 7-8 tanks and the v power cleans it out quite a lot.

V power obviously is more advanced and works better, is it worth the extra cost to run it all the time especially on a diesel I'd say no. Considering diesels can run on cooking oil they aren't exactly fussy what they burn.

Having had a egr failure last week (replced for minimal cost out of warranty) I'll be using this from time to time, maybe even with some additional fuel additives with egr cleaning claims.