1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shell V Power Club

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3MMA, Jul 12, 2011.

1. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

Does anyone collect points with this?

What are the benefits like? I probably roughly fill up about 240 litres a month of petrol I was wondering what benefits I would get....
  2. damo.h

damo.h DVLA Say it's Black

Yep I'm in use it when I fill up the co car too for extra points. They used to give vouchers of your choice now I only get a redeemable fuel voucher. But I ain't complaining.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  3. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

I'm a memeber, and I only EVER use shell V power.

I spend about £400 per month on fuel, so around 250-280 litres. I tend to get back between £14-18 every 3 months in vouchers, so I think it's worth doing.

I'd be using shell anyway because it's the best, but £60 a year back is definitely worth it
  4. S3Lol

S3Lol Member

ive been doing this for ages. Cant remember getting anything so might need to chase them up about it ;)
  5. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

Well I use V power now but they have given me a standard card I've just seen on the website there is a V power club card, so I will need to ask for that...

I suppose its money for nothing and decent petrol!!
  6. liquids3

liquids3 Member

If you fill up that much it might be worth it!,i spend about £300 a month always swipe card!,had it 3 years only got 400 points or something if i get another 150 points i get £5 of stuff that!,not worth pissing around with i don't think!
  7. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

250 litres = 500 points = £2.50
  8. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Not quite as bad as i made it then!,just have done it for so long and still have'nt got to a point for a voucher!,its good if you can use it when filling up work company car ect suppose!
  9. S3 AUO

S3 AUO Member

If your going to use V power anyway.... what's there to lose?
  10. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

Company Car I wish :ermm:
  11. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Ok will admit have forgoten to swipe card a few times and sometimes the cashier can't get the card to work praps thats why i feel like its a waste of time for that amount of fuel back!.
  12. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Ive got a caddy van for work but thats texaco fuel only!
  13. S3 Daniel

S3 Daniel New Member

i thought the main benefits of this card was the air miles? and you get double airmiles when you have have the v power card, but you have to fill up with x amount for 3-6 months on the normal card then they automatically send you the v power card
  14. liquids3

liquids3 Member

You do have a choice fuel or airmiles ect, but with how much you get back the plane would cut out lol
  15. andrecc

andrecc Member

I only Like Shell Fuel, V power all the way!
  16. Dan-Jnr

Dan-Jnr Active Member

I am currently using the standard card, although I am expecting a V-Power card soon as that's all I use.
  17. Ryan_W

Ryan_W Member

I use it and get the free fuel vouchers. Normally get around £30-£50 every quarter. Think I may change to air miles soon tho.
  18. Syvo

Syvo IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

used v power for a bit didnt get anything after using the stuff for over a year so went with tesco and get points that way 0.5points for every £ spent on fuel
  19. colicabcadam

colicabcadam Guest

if you a using 250 lites petrol a month - i suggest you get a 1.4 tdi as a run around!!
  20. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

I put Tesco fuel in and the car went into Limp mode
  21. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

I am used to spending a lot on petrol it would be no fun driving a 1.4, I look forward to the drive home when I am work
  22. timski s3

timski s3 Member

Was it the new Tesco high octane fuel? I found it better than the shell and bp equivalents. It's 99% octane vs shells 97% and i've found the performance to be as good and the economy to be better. On top of this Tesco clubcard gives better rewards than shell and if you shop do your food there you can get 5p off a litre so it works out more like the price of regular fuel.

I think when i filled up in there last it cost £77 as opposed to around £82 ish in other petrol stations. Having said that, prices have dipped slightly in general recently so that would have been part of the reason as well.
  23. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator

Just got this frm the Shell website...
    Customers who buy at least 150 litres of Shell V-Power or Shell V-Power Diesel per calendar quarter should be invited to join in the following quarter. We will send you a new card if you qualify.
  24. timski s3

timski s3 Member

25. Syvo

Syvo IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

i do use the tesco mometum as the vpower stuff i found gave me less mpg and less power than normal shell fuel.

the thorney thread as above bare in mind thorney are sponsered by tesco although i have seen a few race teams change to the tesco fuel so must be doing something right compaired to shell v power
  26. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

No just Tesco standard unleaded
  27. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

I use Tesco 99.

The Shell round this way typically charges a good 5p a litre more than Tesco, infact its often cheaper buying 99 at tesco than standard unleaded at Shell.

Even if it were the same price, the Tesco fuel is still better value, as you get healthy clubcard points which actually translate into real money, and they often do 5p a litre off vouchers with your shopping too. Last tankfull we actually got 10p a litre off, its been a long time since i paid £1.25 a litre for super unleaded!! Plus i'm at tesco every week shopping anyway, and i'd rather just fill up while i'm there, than having to drive several miles in the wrong direction to get to the shell station.

S3MMA: i suspect the limp mode on tesco 95 with nothing more than conincidental. While the cars are mapped for 97 or 98 octane fuel, they will happily run on 95, but wont produce the same power.
  28. colicabcadam

colicabcadam Guest

tesco fuel - didn't their fuel ****er everyone's engine up not too long ago? lol
  29. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Shell V Power is 99 octane too, the same as Tescos, they did a big drive about it recently.

Also if you have a normal card, if you fill up a certain amount of V Power over a few months, they will send out a new V Power card.

I have one and have had for a few years now, I use alot of fuel in both our cars and is defo worthwhile as I get about £15-20 money off vouchers per quarter, so realistically, it makes the extra I pay for V Power as opposed to normal that little more affordable.
  30. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

THIS! My bro puts V-Power diesel in his Vivaro work van twice a week, he gets roughly £30 vouchers every quarter to fill up his VXR the little ****! :laugh:
  31. AjM

AjM Living in Blissful Ignorance

The card is very worth it, it is hardly hard work to hard over a card when paying, so to say its a hassle etc is a bit silly? I got nothing for for a couple of months or so and thought it did not work then all of a sudden started getting vouchers through the post. it is great as you get the vouchers with the V-Power card even if you fill up with normal fuel!
    As for Tesco fuel I would not use it or any supermarket fuel if it was free.... A short internet search will explain all, re ingredients compared to Shell, BP etc.
  32. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

I can get Tesco 99 for ~10p a litre cheaper than V Power.

No discussion - 10p a litre cheaper wins. End of.
  33. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator

A short internet quote actually showed me that BP supply Sainsburys with fuel....

Sainsbury's Fuel - Company Information - PetrolPrices.com

Come to this of it I have actually seen a white tanker with a little BP logo on the side of the lorry cab in my local Sainsburys re-fuelling the station.
  34. fran-s3

fran-s3 Active Member

I agree Welly and it's not that bad a fuel considering it's 99 RON!
  35. AjM

AjM Living in Blissful Ignorance

Without going technical my best mate works for BP and it is all to do with additives in the fuel. It is no secret that some of the big companies like BP supply fuel to the supermarkets (they have to get it from somewhere) but is the fuel that is supplied that is different, rather than the supplier. Also I use Shell who I am led to believe only supply Shell. With the card and vouchers back my local garage sells V-Power Un for 1p less than Sainsburys normal Un.
  36. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

If you fill up with V power you get about an extra 60 miles, its proven more MPG
  37. fran-s3

fran-s3 Active Member

Tesco seem to be very serious in proving their Momentum99 MPG results to: MOMENTUM99 - Tesco.com

(I don't work for Tesco by the way!) ;)
  38. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

I wish i did hehe. I only use Vpower in the S3 but also fill the company van up with Shell fuel be it Vpower if it isnt to pricey where ever i am and then use all the vouchers to fill the S3 up hehe
  39. S3MMA

S3MMA Member

If i fill up with regular my ECU says 320 miles, if with V power is says 380 miles and I normally get 320ish miles out off a full tank off V power, if normal I would be luck to get 260 miles
  40. Dane

Dane Faster than a V12 Q7

Theres no way I get 60 miles extra from a tank of V-power, not a snowballs chance in Hell. :)