1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheepskin or Lambswool wash mit?!?

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Cossie_boy, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Cossie_boy

Cossie_boy Member

Hi all,

I am wanting to buy a wash mit to clean my car now after reading about the dreaded sponge!

Just a little confused about the difference between the lambs wool and sheepskin mits, are these basically the same?!

I don’t know it to get the Meguiars lambs wool wash mitt at £8.95 :-

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb90wash.html

Or this Sheepskin £5.95 one :-

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,70,toView_269.html

Or, could I get these from Halfords or Wilco etc…? or would they be more expensive?

Also do you think the grit guard things are worth a tenner?

Be very interested to hear how you all find them and which is best!

Cheers

Dave

2. Boydie

Boydie Guest

3. stan

stan Member

Get yourself 2, 1 for the lower dirty parts & 1 for the top shiny half, that way you can have1 of each & see whatyou thinks is best.
    I'm using the Meg. mitt quite thin for the lower parts & flip to the mesh for the lowest sills, & have a thick & plush sheepskin for the top half.
    Another mitt that gets good reviews is the shmitt, which is easier to look after & can be rinsed visibly clean every time.

4. Boydie

Boydie Guest

the shmitt is more of a sponge mitt

lambs/sheeps is good for prevention of swirling and trapping dirt so im sticking with that

5. benw123

benw123 Moderator

I've also got the Megs lambswool mitt and really like it. Just glides over the bodywork, which probably explains why it reduces swirls.