She talks quietly at certain times.

johnmandy

Reaction score
Hi all again,
just upgraded my satnav rsn-e to 2011 disc, anyway when using my previous 2007 disc, the spoken directions on occasions would be lowered, and hard to hear.
I was hoping this would have sorted itself out with the latest disc, but sadly it hasn,t. You need to go back into radio settings, sounds, direction volume, to change back to where you started.
This isn,t very conveient when travelling down through france, coming to a change of direction and suddenly the direction volume is lowered to a volume you cannot hear.
I,ve tried saving it in setup, but it always re-appears.
Any pointers would be greatfully recieved.

thanks john

Simple when the nav is talking away just turn up the volume, my guess is you trying to turn the radio down when the nav is talking, and instead your turning down sat nav lady.

Thanks for your reply B5NUT,
Sounds plausable and even possible, but no not on this occasion, its just when you set the voice level for the navigation, its turns down the radio/sd card player a notch when in use. This happens ok for a while, and then for no reason it just goes and turns the satnav voice down to the almost its lowest setting, remember as i said i have previously checked the setting and always set it above half way, it even gives a sample selection of speech to check you have it right.
If i do what you say, it would blow my bose speakers up, i would have to turn the sound up to its full setting, and this wouldn,t work as the other source.... sd card, radio would still drown out the navigation voice.
Anyway thanks again, i hope perhaps there maybe other explanations.

thanks john

That is how the satnav unit works you change the speach volume level when satnav lady starts yapping. If your unit is not doing that then it must be faulty. later disks will make no changes to the rns-e, the last software update was a few years ago, and as there is a new version fo the rns-e there will be no further updates.

That is how the satnav unit works you change the speach volume level when satnav lady starts yapping. If your unit is not doing that then it must be faulty. later disks will make no changes to the rns-e, the last software update was a few years ago, and as there is a new version fo the rns-e there will be no further updates.

Hi again B5NUT, it looks like just you and me visiting this section,lol.

Regarding the your statement QUOTE,... That is how the satnav unit works you change the speach volume level when satnav lady starts yapping. UNQUOTE...... Well thats not strictly true, you can change the the satnav voice setting from several different areas including radio, sd card, and navigation itself, this can be changed at any time, its contained i think in sounds then other sounds.
My point is, i set it correctly and for a while everythings ok, but for some reason somthing happens with no pattern that turns the satnav volume down to almost zero, without user intervention, this is obviously a fault, what i,m looking for is someone who may have had this fault and a fix to repair or rectify it.

Anyway many thanks again john

Hi again B5NUT,
First off i must apologise in the strongest possible way, everything you explained to me is correct, you most certainly change the satnav voice when she,s talking.
I,m over 50 now and have trouble thinking outside the box, lol, its the setup feature that put me off, having the ability to change the satnav voice control there, seemed the place to save the level for voice control......., again it looks like that feature isn,t really needed.
Again, sorry and many thanks for your imput, i did get there eventually, and now have a perfect working satnav, though a pain with only 5 figured postcode,(but thats another point).

thanks john