1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She is a real looker

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Daveotto, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Daveotto

Daveotto Member

On my trip to France this week the car spent the days in the visitor car park which was in clear view of the meeting room we were using and I was really surprised on the number of people who when walking past stopped to take a closer look or looked back over there shoulder.

Also, while in the queue for my eurotunnel train picked up a compliment on how good the car looked from the guy in the next lane driving the Mercedes SL63 AMG and that's a pretty decent looking car in its own right
    Louay and Sandra like this.
  2. RVP20

RVP20 Member

Haha good on you!! Can you post some pics of the baby? Also I see you go the 'no smoking' pack - what is that exactly?
  3. Fragup

Fragup Member

Non smoking pack replaces black plastic lighter with a chrome 12v plug and takes out the cup/ashtray that just sits in the cup holder.
    Quite a few threads / pics on here about if you want to see.
  4. Daveotto

Daveotto Member

There are already a couple of pics of my car with A3sportbacksmarks from the start of this month in the pics thread but I will post some more after it gets is first proper clean at the weekend weather permitting.

There is a thread on pros and cons of smoking and non smoking pack but basically you loose the shiny ashtray and gain a chrome surround for your 12v socket which replaces the cigarette lighter socket.
  5. JohnnyM100

JohnnyM100 Member

Daveotto is right. Summary version:

You lose the Audi ash-tray /coin holder / key holder pot (about 40GBP to buy separately) and the black cigarette lighter cap is replaced with a chrome rimmed cap cover (about 5 GBP to buy separately).
  6. cemerson

cemerson Active Member

Ashtray is £15 on ebay. Never got to the bottom of whether the wiring or power rating of the socket was different either.
  7. Daveotto

Daveotto Member

Pictures after first full wax now in pics thread