1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Shark/Tavern/ASN thanks!) Happy clutch times

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by wuta3, May 8, 2013.

1. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

My clutch went last week ...

clutchy.jpg

Reading about the various options on here (thanks guys!) I went for a Sachs racing organic with standard LUK DMF, and so far after driving for a few days could not be happier. The car feels like a new animal with a decent new clutch and fly!

new_clutchy.jpg

Ben @ Shark Performance was a huge help and got me a clutch delivered very quickly at a good price ... though he did make going Stage2+ sound very reasonably priced :p

If you ever need a garage in Sheffield, I couldn't recommend Tavern Service Station (Tavern Service Station Crosspool Sheffield | MOT Sheffield | Car Servicing Sheffield | Vehicle Repairs) in Crosspool enough, great service, quick work and good prices.

One problem ... I realised that an excess of Golfs appear wanting to race off the lights when you are trying to bed in your new clutch and behave! Weird.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details
    VCDS Map User

If you need it mapping in the Manchester area fella, I am the Manchester Shark rep! Ben's a top boy!

4. revilo

revilo Member

How much did you pay for the DMF and clutch may i ask?

5. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

A bit over £800 all-in, delivered. Just got to hope that I don't have any "slipping after 6k miles" that a small amount of people on here and vagoc report. Given the amount of them Shark seem to install in Stage 2+ S3s im sure i'll be fine.

6. wuta3

wuta3 Well-Known Member

LOL N8 stop it, your facebook page has me eyeing my wallet daily for paint correction, R8 brakes, Speedlines and whatnot as it is :)